FreeKibble.com
Sunday, October 30, 2005
Family Day!

It was a very nice day today. The weather couldn't have been any better. Perfect temperature, cloudless blue skies. I wish every day could be this pretty. Maybe more of us would get outside and do more physical things. Unlike what I do and that is stay inside a lot and watch TV because either it's too hot, or too cold, or raining. The weather this whole month has been really great!

Tom and I had all the kids (except Ashley who had car trouble and couldn't get here) over today as well as my Mom. We ate a brisket I cooked and Heather made her famous oven potatoes and Deirdre cooked Brocolli casserole. Deirdre also brought cake and icecream and everything was so good. It was sort of a birthday celebration for my Mom, who's birthday is November 1st and Deirdre, who's birthday was on October 23rd. Mom will be 71 and Deirdre was 28.

Here is a picture of Deirdre at Christmas. She is fun to be around. I don't get to spend as much time with her as we used to and I miss her.

My sister-n-law, Tammy told me how to cook a brisket like she does hers. I did it and it was great. Very tender, and juicy. I just seasoned it with a lot of garlic and onion powder, season-all, Tony chacheries, etc. and wrapped it in foil. Then I put it in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Then I turned the oven down to 275 degrees and let it stay in there for about 3 hours. You don't open the foil untill you think it's done, then check it only once. It's wonderful to be able to stick something in the oven and forget about it for several hours. Tammy if you read this, you will know how the brisket came out. Thanks for the directions.

 
posted by Cindy N. at 5:53 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Deirdre

    I love you.

    It was nice to spend time together.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Renee

    The weather WAS perfect, wasn't it?
    Glad you enjoyed it!