FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Awesome Things!
Hi everybody. I was thinking (I don't do that very often) about stuff on the way in to work this morning. About things that I see on my way to work. For instance, yesterday, I turned down a different road to go a different way to work and there was a doe standing in the ditch along side the road. She was so beautiful. I love to see those kinds of animals in the wild. As I approached her with my car, I was so afraid she would jump in front of me, but instead, she turned and ran right back into the woods. Gorgeous! Here is what she looked like:

So pretty standing there. I didn't take this picture, but the doe I saw was standing as this one is. Wish you could have seen her too.

Then this morning on my way to work, I passed the airport and just as I came around a curve in the road, a FedEx jet was right over the road similar to this:


Only closer and lower. It is awesome to me to see a jet just as it is coming in for a landing or just taking off. That is one of the things my kids and I used to do when they were young. We would go to the airport and drive down a road that took us to the end of the runway. We would sit there waiting for the jets to take off. The power and them going virtually right over us was so awesome. We all loved doing it. I get such a thrill from the sound and the hugeness of them.

And then there are the sunrises. I love sunrises even though I don't see many of them because I like to sleep late. I guess once I retire, I may never see another one.....but anyway, there was a really pretty sunrise this morning too. The clouds were low on the horizon and the orange and red colors filled the sky. Takes my breath away.



I just wanted to pass on some NICE things instead of complaining today. Have a great day.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 12:52 PM | Permalink |


7 comments:


  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Thanks! It is so nice to be reminded of the beauty we have on this planet in the simple things sometimes.

    When you were describing the deer, the jet flying overhead and the sunrise I could vividly remember times exactly like those and how awe inspiring they were.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Renee

    I got to see the sunrise driving in this morning (I came in early!) and I actually noticed and appreciated the beauty of it! For once . .

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger ShooShoo

    Awesome sunrise!

    And I love jets flying overhead too. Whenever I'm driving by the airport and one flies over, I roll all my windows down so I can get the full effect. :)

    Thanks for the happy stuff. :)

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Deirdre

    Nice Photographs!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Julie

    Hey great pictures. On the way home last night I seen a heard of about 50 deer grazing in the field. They are so pretty to see. I know they can be a nuisance when they run in front of your cars but you have to appreciate them for their beauty--at a distance. I love sunrises. Like you I like to sleep late so I rarely get to see them .
    Thanks for the pretty pictures and reminders.

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    http://www.caribbeanalpa.com/sxm/index.shtml

    Check out pictures of the planes landing at St Maartens airport.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    look at page 2!