FreeKibble.com
Thursday, January 26, 2006
New Way to Work
I went a different way this morning to come to work. My car tried to follow the known path but at the corner, I MADE it go the other way. Something different. It really wasn't so bad except for the Now Paws (that is another term for anciently old men or Paw Paws) that get out there at 6:00 am and move at a snail's pace. When don't they stay at home at that time of the morning.....they ARE retired aren't they?

Then you go around them and they look at you like you are a creature from a distant planet that they have never even heard of. What's up with that? THEY are the ones holding up the working folks that need to move a little faster than a snail clip. Maybe they are going to buy a paper. They could have it delivered instead. Or they are going to pick up milk, eggs and bread. They should have gotten that in the middle of the day yesterday.

Now I can tell you that when I am retired, I will NOT be out in the world at 6:00 am. I will be asleep like you are supposed to be at that time of the morning.

Then there are the bitches out there that poke along until you try to pass them and then they speed up to try to keep you from getting around them. That's when I wish I had a bazooka. If I did, I would blow those bitches of the face of the earth. If you want to go slow, that's fine with me, but don't try to keep me from going around you. And then there's the ones that pull out in front of you like they are in such a big hurry, then 1/4 of a mile down the road, they want to turn left and they have to sit and wait for 13 cars to pass before they can. Why didn't they just wait until I passed them (since there were no cars behind ME) and THEN go? Why can't people just be nice and considerate of others?

Anyway, I didn't have to get on the parking lot they call the Interstate this morning and that was nice. I didn't have the Interstate slow downs (stops) to contend with. I know I am bitching a lot, but really all in all my drive to work went quite well. I even stopped and bought 3 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts for the office and still made it to work on time. Hooray!

I guess that's enough bitchin for one day. I think I will leave work early and go home and rest. I am tired and cranky, but I know you can't tell that. Probably from the sugar.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 1:30 PM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    No one should even be up at 6am much less on the road unless they are on the way to work. Those Paw Paws need to get back in bed! We have them here too. And you know where they are crawling to at a snails pace? To the fast food places where they meet other paw paws and drink coffee and talk until about 9am. I've seen them this week since I've been taking Sonny Boy to work early and dropping by Burger King with him first.

    Krispy Kremes are the best way to start a day!!!

    Thanks for posting the Dirty Rice recipe. I just copied it and printed it out for Greg to make this weekend. I love a man that cooks. ;-)

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Renee

    "If I did, I would blow those bitches of the face of the earth."
    I almost peed my pants when I read that sentence. I feel the EXACT same way!

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger ShooShoo

    You totally had me LOL... Amen to the "Go slow if you want, just let me by!" mentality! And double amen to the idea of sleeping in a bit when there's no need to get up! ;)

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Deirdre

    I always feel like I'm the only considerate person on the road when I'm on it.