FreeKibble.com
Thursday, January 19, 2006
LazyDuckPaws
That is what this word verification reminded me of today - lzdkpawz - hehehe. I know I am crazy, but I just can't help myself sometimes.

I woke up this morning at 4:00 am shivering.... burrrrrrr..... Somehow, my leg had crept from under the covers and when it finally got cold enough (like it had been in an icehouse) it woke me up. I caught a hard chill, just like if I had had fever. Of course, the ceiling fan was on too and all I had to do was reach up there and pull twice and it would go off, but just to look at it going round and round made me even colder. I finally got up enough umph to make the pulls. I was still cold 30 minutes later when Tom woke up. He got me a another blanket and covered me up. He is so sweet.

I finally got warm again and went back to sleep just in time for him to wake me up again at 5:00. Cinnie, it's time to get up! I don't want to get up, I just got warm again. I know but you got to get up anyway, come on now...... and he pulls all the covers off me!!!!!!!!! SHIVERSSSSS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't finally warm up good until I got to work. Even my hot shower didn't work. I hope I am not coming down with something.

As I type this, I am sitting at my desk with my heater on under my legs, my sweatshirt on...trying not to move too much. I am sleepy too. (Didn't I say I didn't have anything to complain about? or was that yesterday?) Well, here are a couple of pictures I took recently near my house....just thought I'd share them with you all.

This first one is a grasshopper we call a Devil Horse. They don't fly, but if I see one, it's scares me half to death. I see them crossing the road sometimes, and I try to run over them. BUG KILLER! That is the toe of Tom's tennis shoe. Those are pretty big grasshoppers.

A swamp scene between Baton Rouge and New Orleans near Gramercy. There are cypress knees in the foregrown with a spider web going from them up to the greenery of the trees. I don't know if you can see it in this picture. It's just one string.
This old barn and liveoak tree are located about 20 miles south of my house near Port Vincent, Louisiana. I love barns and have taken lots of barn pictures. My friends in Canada have taken a few for me too. Sweet friends. I have framed a lot of my pictures, given them as gifts, as well as hung them in my house. I have even had one of my photos published in one of those coffee table picture books! Exciting huh? I keep saying that I will do some of this when I retire, and maybe sell some at craft fairs and stuff like that. Who knows, maybe I will make a name for myself. Unlikely, but hey, I can dream!
I guess I am typed out for today. I will catch you next time. Have a great day!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 7:49 AM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Renee

    I'm cold just reading your post!
    I love your picture of the grasshopper.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    The swamp pics remind me of the Great Dismal Swamp in Chesapeake Va. I used to go exploring there all the time.

    Hope you stay warm! It's cold here too!

    ooybrphs = Oy burp High School

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    check out this link. It reminded me of you.
    Bloggers have created a word verification dictionary.
    Now you can find out what they mean!
    http://zrharc.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    I remember the Great Dismal Swamp in Chesapeake Va Mark. I used to take pictures there with my photography teacher (don't ask).

    I lov the barn picture the best. I haven't done any barn pictures since I moved to Indiana 10 years ago but I did alot of them in Maryland. Pennsylvannia has some awesome barns too. And th more run down they are the prettier. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love pictures.