FreeKibble.com
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Old Friends & Family members
First of all, Yes, Daisy...The Weather Channel is another one husband watches religiously. And if there is a hurricane out in the Carribean or in the Gulf, it is on 24 hours a day. He gets so angry when Storm Stories is on though because then they don't show the local radar nor do they give the updates on the storms. Those are very testy times indeed. Right now the weather is pretty good here, so we are doing great!

I heard from an old friend today. Haven't talked to her in months. We generally have short communications by email, but it was surely nice to talk to her (almost 2 hours) on the phone. We used to work together years ago and she is one of those people you always stay in touch with. It seems we always pick up right where we left off the last time we talked. Lark you are a bright light in my life. Thank you for calling me today. I love you girl.

I spoke with my sister, Susan, Friday to check on my grandmother who will be 92 years old on the 28th of this month. Susan and grandma are doing well. My grandma's mind isn't as sharp as it used to be and she can't hear worth a damn, but her general health is good. She lives at my brother's house in Loxley, AL and also spends time at my sister's some of the time. I am so glad they are taking good care of her. I know she is well cared for.

I was not raised in the same household as Susan (she had a different mother), so we really weren't close growing up. We have only really discovered our sister relationship in the last few years. We have a younger sister too (Shawnta), but she is not close to either of us. It's too bad really. Shawnta could be part of something really wonderful, but chooses not to. Oh well, maybe she'll come around one day.

I am rambling again, so I will close for now. Have a good day.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:33 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Ugh...storm stories. I think I have seen every episide fo storm stories on the weather channel at least 10 times. One of the hubbys fav's. Better than what he has the TV on now though - ESPN. I really dislike football, I really do. Why do guys thrive on boring TV? Makes no sense.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    The Weather Channel is great! i can watch it all day. Bill Cosby's wife won't let him watch the weather channel at all, says it's addictive.