FreeKibble.com
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
What Am I Feeling?
Am I blue or tired or getting sick? I don't really know, but I just don't feel quite up to par today. I am at work for the first time in 10 days. Maybe that has something to do with it too. I just had lunch and now all I want to do is lay down and sleep. I guess that could be part of being blue too, or tired, or getting sick. Hmmmmmm. Well, I guess I will find out which it is later.

I am glad I started blogging. I used to say I will never do that because I didn't necessarily want all my business on the 'street' so to speak. However, I have made some new friends, and have gotten a lot of support from all of you and for that I am greatful!

I am sitting here at my desk looking at my little bitty Christmas tree that needs to be put away and I just don't have the energy. It would probably take all of 5 minutes to put it all up but I just don't wanna. I'd rather go to the beach or scuba diving with Mark in the Cayman Islands. Mark, you know who you are.

A friend sent me some pictures today of the damage in New Orleans and it's just hard to even imagine the total devastation there. Flood waters to the roofs. It sure seems we are having a LOT of natural disasters these days. Floods and fires, hurricanes, ice storms, winds, tsunami. What is going on with nature. I don't think it's good, whatever it is.

I just found out this morning that my husband has been assigned a huge project at work. (he is a highway construction inspector) This job is going to require nights and weekends of work for many months. He already works so many hours that we don't get to see each other much. I think this may put a strain on us that neither of us are ready for. He said that he felt the same way and expressed that to his boss....trying to get the assignment to go to an unmarried employee. Didn't work out that way though. During the duration of this job, we will have to be very careful, that's for sure.

I think coming back to work, and having everyone ask me questions about our co-worker, is not helping my mood at all. I was coping better at home that I am here. Her funeral is not until Thursday. That's a long wait.

I am just rambling on and probably putting everybody on a downer. Sorry...maybe tomorrow will be better for me. Please just put up with me for a few days. I think I need a little sunshine!!!


 
posted by Cindy N. at 1:24 PM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Renee

    Well, the first day at work after a long vacation will do that to you. I felt the same way this morning. It's not so bad. You just have a few months until you're off FOREVER! I'm so jealous. 16 more years and I'm there!

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    You could have the after the holidays blahs. Everyone seems to be getting that today.

    I think we should all impose ourselves on Mark. ;-)
    Blogger party at Marks. Woo-Hoo!

    I hope you are feeling better soon. I know this will be a hard week for you with the funeral and all. Just know we are all thinking about you. And when you really get down just remember that next Christmas you get the re-gifted sister in law gift of the purple sequined tote bag! Oops, now you are really sick aren;'t you? ha ha.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    It's hard to come back top work after Xmas and New Years holiday
    Beleive me, I know!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Be kind to yourself. The last month or so has been SO stressful for you. As I sit here snuffling with the post-christmas cold, I think I know a little of how you feel. Better days are coming, as is the sun. Until then, allow for a bit of blue and treat yourself with love.