FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
God's Rainbows.......

Rainbows are special to me for a lot of reasons, but the biggest reason is that when I am worried the most about something going on, God sends me a rainbow to let me know that he is handling things and I don't have to worry. It's always such a calming feeling when I see one, because I know it's His sign to me.

I have a friend that lives in Texas. I have never met her face to face, but she is a wonderfully thoughtful person. Her name is Bonnie. She sent me a Christmas card and inside the card was an Angel of Rainbows to hang on my tree. With it came this poem:

Rainbows appear after mighty storms,
When things look their very worst.
Just when skies are darkest gray,
Look for the rainbow first.

The rainbow is a sign of God's promise,
That He will guide us
through all our trials,
No matter what their form.


When you feel battered by life's storms,
And when you are filled
with doubt and dismay,
Just remember God's rainbow will come,
For it's only a prayer away.


I don't know who wrote that, but it surely is true for me.

Here is an answer to the question, "Where is that pot of gold?" That is a good question too.

The idea that a pot of gold can be found at the rainbow's end originated somewhere in old Europe. In Silesia, an obscure area of eastern Europe, it was said that the angels put the gold there and that only a nude man could obtain the prize. Hmm..... Sounds good to me!

Check out the other Rainbow Facts at: http://www.deltatech.com/rv/rainbows.html

I just wanted to share my rainbow with you today. I hope it brightens your day some too.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:46 AM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Julie

    Hey I like the rainbow Cindy.. and the horses! I just love horses. My husband says someday we are going to live on an acreage and have horses and chickens. Actually I really could pass on the chickens but I guess he likes them like I do horses! I told him if we were to do that we better do it soon before we are too old to enjoy it!!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love the pic w/ the horses and rainbow. You know how much I LOVE horses. I just love your blog. It makes me smile and feel all warm inside (like my momma is talking to me) when I read it. I can "HEAR" you talking. I miss you so much! Hope you have a Merry Christmas.