FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Why can't we all just get along!!!!!!!!!!
It's been another crazy day in the life of Cindy. Yesterday at 11:00 am, the Coroner's office called to tell me my exhusband's ashes were ready for pickup. I had to leave work around lunch time and go pick 'him' up. Now he is riding around with me in the back of my car. Weird.........

I get back to work around 1:30 and at 2:15 my son calls to tell me he is at the emergency room because he got beat up! Beat up? what does that mean? How badly are you hurt? Maybe a broken jaw, Mom.....can you come to the Emergency Room? I go to my boss and tell him I have to leave (have I had lunch? I don't remember, but I feel awfully hungry) and I walk out of my office at 2:30. I arrive at the hospital about 3:00. My son is in x-ray. A friend of his is there in the emergency room waiting for him to get back. We introduce ourselves. Hi, I am Carla, a friend of Ash's, and you must be his Mom. Yes I am, Cindy....

Ash finally gets back to the room about 20 minutes later. Oh my Gawd! He looks really bad. His right side of his face and head is swollen till his right eye is shut. It's black and blue around his eye....His lips are busted and swollen (They look worse than Goldie Hawn's lips). What the hell happened to my son? He tells me that some one blindsided him with a bat or something. He didn't see it coming. He was knocked out and now has a concussion. They give him pain medicine.

Doctor comes in and says the x-rays don't show anything except an air/fluid level in his right sinus and he needs to have a CT Scan of his brain and face. Now we have to go to a different hospital to get that done, because this hospital's CT machine broke that morning.

We get to the other hospital at 5:45 pm, we are supposed to be able to go to the back immediately. Hmph! That's a joke........we are sitting in the waiting room for hours. At 7:30 pm, they take him for the CT Scan. He is in excruciating pain! At 8:45 they take us to the back, 3 hours later. At 9:30 the doctor comes in and says the CT scan shows 5 fractures of the right cheek bone and 1 fracture of the right eye socket. He must see a ENT/Maxioyadayada doctor. They give him a shot for pain and he is knocked out again. He is ok to go home and take pain meds and antibiotics. We are released at 11:30 pm. (Did I eat lunch or supper, I am sooooo hungry). I take him to a friend's house, because she is home during the day and can watch him.

I get home about 12:45pm, eat a quick sandwich and hit the bed. Good night.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 12:28 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Renee

    And you're at work today! Geez, you're a trooper. I hope everything is okay with Ashley. Never a dull moment, huh?

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    We hear about this happening all the time, but when it happens to someone close to you/us, it takes on a totally different meaning. Cindy, chin up - we're thinking of you and Ash here in Canada!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cindy,sorry to here about ash being hurt. i hope they find out who did this.he will be ok. ash has angels watching over him.i will be praying for you and ash.
    Love from texas