FreeKibble.com
Sunday, November 27, 2005
Tom took me for a ride!



Wake up Cinnie, wake up. Let's go for a ride! He's excited. It's 5:10 am!!!!!, I say. You want to go for a ride? Yes, he says, let's go see some deer. I know where they are. I yawn.... Ok, I'll get up. And I roll out of bed.

Now it's 6:00 am and we are in the car traveling toward Hwy 422, north of Clinton. It's a foggy morning, quiet, serene, beautiful. Normal people are still sleeping, there are hardly any cars on the road. It's seems we are alone in this quiet world.

We pass fields of cows, and they look at us as if to say, "what are you doing out here this early in the morning?". They seem perturbed with us that we would be invading their breakfast time. One of them, Miss 529, was very close, frowning at me....You see her picture above.

And then, we see them. Three deer. There are only three this morning. Their photo is above. Tom says there are usually 7 deer and about 11 wild turkeys. Today there are no turkeys, but the deer are there. They are so beautiful, standing together just at the edge of the treeline, watching us to make sure we don't come any nearer. Pretty soon, they turn and casually disappear into the woods.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 8:49 PM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Renee

    How fun! Although you can imagine my first thought when I saw the title of that post. Just call me 'Vernon'!