FreeKibble.com
Sunday, December 11, 2005
Imagine......
It's been a very busy weekend, rushing here and there to do and pick up this and that. It's such a busy time of the year for everyone, do we ever just stop and look at the beauty of this season? I love the lights and the music and the fact that people are seemingly happy. Some of them are even more courteous at the time of the year and some are not. I would like to encourage each and everyone that is reading this crazy blog of mine to say a kind word to someone, let someone out in traffic, smile to all as you go through your busy day. I know it sounds corny, but if we all did this in life, imagine what this world could be. Just imagine........

The kids and Tom and I, buried Heather and Ashley's father on Friday morning. He received full military honors and was layed to rest at the National Cemetary at Port Hudson, Louisiana. It was a nice service. It was extremely cold there and we all were freezing, but it wasn't raining, thank goodness. Heather and Ashley did very well at the funeral. Each did their part to make sure everything was done nice and correctly. That part's over now, but there are still things that need to be done.....paperwork. Heather has really taken this by the reigns and has stepped up to the plate to handle her father's affairs. I am very proud of her.

Ash is doing better, but he is still in a good bit of pain. He is going to the ENT doctor tomorrow to see what they will have to do about his face, eye and roof of his mouth. That is a new pain he is feeling now. I think he was so swollen, that he didn't feel the problem in his mouth. But he feels it now. I will update you when we know more about what has to be done.

Heather and I spent the entire weekend shopping, wrapping, decorating, etc. I still have to finish the tree, but Allen put all the lights on it for me and that is a huge help. He also finished putting the knobs on the cabinets and drawers in my kitchen and bathrooms. I really appreciated him being here and helping like that. I hate to ask him to do much when he is here because I don't want him to think I just want him to work when he is here. I definitely don't want him to do that. But the help he gave this weekend meant so much to me.

I still have Lucy with me and I have enjoyed her. She is so sweet, I just love to babysit her. Cosby is thrilled, but right now he is passed out on the floor because they have been playing so hard all weekend. He is worn out, poor fellow. He is just so in love. :)

Well, that's about all for now. I need to prepare some dinner for Tom and myself, and then finish decorating the tree. Tonight is the final episode of Survivor, Guatamala and I have to sit down long enough to watch that for sure. Will write more later. Don't forget to smile!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 5:38 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Renee

    I just realized when I read this that I missed the season finale of Survivor and I've been watching all season. Shit!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey babe!

    This blog is a good way for us to keep in touch! You're just decorating the tree now, mine has been up and decorated since Nov. 21 (Santa Parade Day). Sent out my snail mail to you and Tom for Xmas, you should receive in 7 business days. Don't forget to call us on Xmas Eve, 9:00pm your time. Love from Canada!