FreeKibble.com
Friday, December 30, 2005
It's been a while since....
It's been a while since I have written and I am having withdrawals. Each day since Christmas Eve, I have sat down to write in my blog, but have been sidetracked by something or someone. That is so aggravating...don't people know I am busy? I am not a 'talk on the phone' person and yet people want to call a chitty chat on the phone. I would rather communicate through this blog, or by email. I guess once I retire, I will be more willing to chat on the phone more. Maybe!

Anyway, we had a wonderful Christmas.
Tom got a guitar and he loves it. My brother and his wife and son were here and my mother came for Christmas dinner. It was really good. We had a lot of food but it's gone now. I think I have some turkey left (who doesn't). I will have to figure out something to make with that. I just froze it for now.



I have received a request for the Dirty Rice recipe and I will be happy to post it here very soon. Daisy Mae, keep checking for it, because I promise to put it here. Just give me a couple of days. Here I am putting the rice in the dirty! Voila.....Dirty Rice! Yummy!



I wanted to show you one of the things I got for Christmas. Tom gave me a real cookoo clock and I love it. Here is a picture of it hanging in the interim spot on the wall.
I plan to move it. See the little cookoo bird? He was actually out there singing his song when I took the picture. It is absolutely beautiful. The cookoo is an authentic recording of a real cookoo bird. You can hear the echo and the water running in the brook near where the recording was taken. I just love this clock. I plan to move it to a lighter colored wall so it can been seen more clearly. When I get around tuit! LOL

We are going to my daughter's house for New Years Day dinner. I am to bring the cabbage and make the cornbread. I love cornbread! I guess that is typical of a southern bell!

I will try to write more and get that recipe up here in the next couple of days. I had two injections in my back today, so I am supposed to rest a lot in the next 24 hours. See y'all soon. Happy New Year! And Happy Anniversary to Karen and Ron. Love you guys!

 
posted by Cindy N. at 7:57 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Renee

    Sounds like a great Christmas, Cindy. That's a really cute picture of you in the kitchen. My mom has a cuckoo clock almost just like the one that you got.
    I hope you have a great New Year's.
    I'll chat with you next week.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    I love that cookoo clock! What an awesome present.

    How did the injections in your back go? I've never had any luck with them. But I have a titanium rod in my spine along with 6 screws (maybe I have a screw loose?) so they didn't really expect the injections to work. I hope they work for you. I had heard some people swear by them.