FreeKibble.com
Sunday, January 01, 2006
A better day/a better year
Today was a better day, I think. Tom and I picked up my Mom and we three went to Heather and Allen's place for New Years Day dinner. It was nice. Allen's mother, dad and grandmother were there. We had our traditional black eyed peas, cabbage and ham with cornbread. mmmmmmmmmm....good.

The weather wasn't that great. It rained off and on for a little while and it was overcast and muggy. Everything was wet even before it started to rain, just from the humidity being at 150 percent. lol At least, that is what it seemed to be. It was so hot and sticky. Karen, I know it was cold up there in Toronto, but it had to be better than sitting in a steam bath.

We got back home just after dark and I started turning on the airconditioning to cool the house down. Yuck! Hot! We sat down and watched "Enemy of the State". It was ok, but it didn't really thrill me. Tom enjoyed the movie.

I am tired tonight. I think the emotional state I have been in has really taken a toll on me. It seems the emotional roller coaster has been going on since right after Thanksgiving. If you read back through this blog, you will see why. Too many deaths, and injuries to speak of again.

Today is the first day of the new year. It's got to be better that 2005 was in the last few months. Hurricanes, floods, roof damage, etc. etc. No good. 2006, here we come!

Happy new year to you all.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:53 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 12:53 AM, Blogger Julie

    Air-conditioning in January?!! Whew I am sheltered!! I am sorry to hear about your friend-and co-worker Cindy. My Dad died of the same thing in 1996 and its a terrible way to go. My thoughts and prayers go out the family.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Candy, you sound like a wonderful friend. I am happy for you that your friend is still living and I am sure she knows what a great friend she has in you. Thank you for your encouraging words.