FreeKibble.com
Saturday, December 31, 2005
A very sad day indeed...
I have been so saddened today. My co-worker, Angele, passed away this morning at 10:50 am. She was a wonderful friend, co-worker, companion, mother, sister, etc. She had been suffering with Pancreatic Cancer that had matastasized to her Liver. Her doctor told her two weeks ago yesterday that she probably had about 2 weeks to live.

Angele and I worked next door to each other's cubicle. She has taught me over the last 5 years of working with her, everything I do at work. She is the kind of person I want to be when I grow up. She never had a bad word for or about anyone and if we were with a bunch of people and we were talking about someone, Angele would say "Now, I don't think we should be saying these kinds of things about that person." Such a lovely angel was Angele. I know she is looking down on me from the greatest of places to be. When she found out she was dying with cancer, she said she was happy she would get to see her mother and her aunt and all of those she had lost before. She even said to me "Do you think I will get to see God?" "Of course!", I told her. Absolutely, there was no question about that. She would be on his knee looking into his eyes. When she turned gold in her last two weeks, I told her she would be God's star angel and that was why he turned her gold. She smiled and said, "Awww, that's so sweet." I miss her so much, I can't even say how much.

More bad news.....My mother had to put her 17 1/2 year old cat down yesterday. He had started loosing weight and the doctor said he was de-hydrated and would have died any day now as his kidneys were shutting down. He lived a long and luxurious life to be sure. My mom never let him go outside, he stayed inside all the time and was take care of so well. That is why he lived so long. Goodbye Bandit.

And one more thing....Heather just called and her little dog, Shimmer, was killed in their driveway. Apparently the postman ran over her and she died a little earlier today. Heather is so upset, she can hardly talk. Heather just recently lost her dad too. She also lost one of her cats about 3 weeks ago. I know how she and my Mom feel. I lost one of my dogs about 10 years ago and I grieved for over a year. I still feel so sad when I think of her. Her name was Grace. It's so hard to loose those little ones that become such a big part of our families.

I hope this is all the bad news we will get for a while......it's been one thing after another for the last two months. I don't think any of us can take any more right now. Hopefully the new year will be better for us all.

Happy New Year everyone.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 3:43 PM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    I am so sorry about all of the bad news you have had. Like Candy mentioned they do say things come in threes so hopefully that is the last if the bad news for awhile. I've personally seen things come in threes like that too. 2006 will be better!

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh my goodness, you are due for a string of wonderful news and happy times. My condolences on the death of your friend and the dear pet losses. Wishing you all good things.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Renee

    I'm so sorry, Cindy Lou. I thought your post was so well-written and heart-felt, about Angele. What a great attitude she had about death. Now she is enjoying all that she looked forward to.
    I hope you're having a great New Year.
    Love you.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cindy, I'm sorry to hear about Angele. She sounds like a wonderful person.I know she will be your Angel looking down upon you.You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love from TEXAS......
    Bonnie
    Hope you have a very Happy New Year!!!