FreeKibble.com
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Another chapter begun
Hi all,

Yesterday, I had the first stage of recovery from breast cancer done. I had a lumpectomy and am doing GREAT! I have very little pain, more like a slight discomfort. My boobie is swollen and bruised, but hey, I still have the boob!

There were two needles inserted in the breast just prior to the surgery. This was done by a radiologist. This actually bracketed the area of cancer so that the surgeon could take all of that area. All of the tissue they took will be biopsied to make sure they got everything. I am confident that they DID get it all, and will be having radiation as a guarantee.

Here is a picture of what they did yesterday:

I am glad that part is done. Now, I can focus on getting on with my life. My family and I will be vacationing in Destin soon and when we get back, my radiation treatments will begin. I will have 35 treatments over a 7 week period.

I will be posting here as it goes on, so that everyone will know what's happening.

Love you all! See ya all soon!

 
posted by Cindy N. at 12:31 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Fact: 7 out of 10 women with breast cancer recover completely. You are part of the 7, not one of the 3.
    (My mom is also a surviver)
    I just wanted to send you blessings and all the best during your recovery.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    Good luck and a speedy and thorough recovery!