FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
A favorite spot now....
Last week I wrote about the bittersweet weekend we had with the moving out of my Mom's bedroom furniture and the moving in of my grandmother's bedroom furniture. As it turns out, That room is one of my favorite spots in my house now. Here are a couple of pictures of the bedroom as it is now.

I still need some white blinds, and I will use my Mom's lace curtains on the window. I think they will complete the softness of the room very nicely. Also, my Mom did the needlepoint flowers to the left of the vanity below. There are three of them.


I found two of these lamps in an antique store. They go in the room perfectly and compliment the ambience. I took off with the mauve/coral color in the lamp globes as an accent color in the room.



I love this little table. It is about 1 foot square and is just perfect between the two closets in the room. I am very proud of the way this all turned out. And the room has some of my Mother and some of my Grandmother. How could I ask for more? I can't and don't. I love them both for each of their parts in my life.


This was where my grandfather kept HIS personals. He used to keep silver coins in the top part that includes two small drawers. He would let me count them over and over when I was a little girl. I don't know what happened to those coins. I hope whomever has them appreciates them as much as I appreciate that special memory. It is worth so much more than the coins to me.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 7:59 PM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Renee

    I love it Cindy. I love antiques! It's too pretty to sleep in.
    Lunch?

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I found your post while searching for lace curtain ideas.
    I love the bed - and it looks great in the corner - I now wish I could do something like that in our guest bedroom...

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Your Grandma's bed looks almost exactly like my grandparents bed looked. My Grandma gave me her china 2 months before she passed away and we use it at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's like we have Grandma eating the holiday meal with us. It's a tradition I'll pass down to my daughter one day(if she ever gets back from Germany).

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    That is fantastic! I wish I had some of my Grandparents things