FreeKibble.com
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
'No bathtub' story
When we made reservations for our trip to Orlando, I requested a handicapped access room. That was to make it easier to get the power chair inside the room and easier for me to shower. I usually sit on a bench because my back hurts to badly for me to stand while showering.

We got into the room and it was large and the bathroom was large too. It was nice and clean and nicely decorated. But when I went into the bathroom there was a bathtub with a bench and a shower head. No shower curtain and no rod for one to go on. The shower head was fixed, and they are supposed to have the hand held type that attach to a post half way back into the tub.

I called the front desk about the problem and the girl said "you asked for a handicapped room, right?" I said "yes, but there is a bathtub in here and no shower curtain." She said, "Ma'am, we don't have bathtubs in our hotel." I said "What? No bathtubs?" I am thinking, are we supposed to take our soap and towel to the pool to bathe or what~!!!! I told her that I was sorry she was misinformed, but that I was looking at a bathtub in my room. She finally called Maintenance about our problem (no shower curtain).

The maintenance man, finally brought a hand held shower head, but his supervisor's solution to the lack of a shower curtain and rod, was "just put towels on the floor to catch the water that escapes the tub while showering." WHAT??????????? NO! That is unsafe, and we are not doing that. Tom and I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy a shower curtain, curtain rings, and a rod and installed our own curtain. The hotel would not reimburse us for those things either.

As I said it is probably anti-climatic now, but I promised I would explain it to you guys. I am thinking I will ask my attorney about their lack of supplying what we needed and then refusing to re-imburse us for our $15.00 purchase.

By the way....it was the Clarion Waterpark Resort in Kissimmee Florida. It was so noisy there, you could hear everything from the room next door, the stair cases and the floors above us and outside noise too. I will NEVER stay there again.

The only nice thing was the furnishings and the bed. It was a good bed with a nice lightweight comfortor. I want to get one like it. And they had it between the top sheet and another sheet on top of it. Nice! But I still won't ever stay there again.

Later folks.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:14 AM | Permalink |


0 comments: