FreeKibble.com
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Kid wreck! WOW!
I forgot to tell you about this one.....Tom and I were walking through Magic Kingdom on Thursday. It was packed with kids on spring break and their parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. etc. The expression "everybody and their brother" fits here.

Anyway, one parent in the crowd had a female kid by the hand walking toward us and another parent was walking in the opposite direction holding a male kid by the hand and as the parents were passing each other, the kids SLAMMED into each other! The expressions on the kids' faces were pricesless! And the parents glared at each other as if to say to the other parent "what the heck do you think you are doing!?" It was hilarious! The kids were not hurt, but they were stunned at what had happened. Tom and I just roared. Funny Funny.

Then, on our way home, we stopped at a fruit stand/gift shop place. I went to the restroom and when I came back, Tom had our sandwiches out and we sat in the parking lot to eat them. There were huges bins of grapefruit, oranges, etc. There was also one with pecans in it.

While we ate, we watched a squirrel scamper across the parking lot toward the bins. He had been here before, because he went directly to the grapefruit been, jumped up onto it, sat a minute, then hopped over to the pecan bin. He disappeared into it for a couple of minutes and then up he came with a pecan in his mouth. He sat a while working on the shell of the pecan, then went to another bin that had a roof. He jumped up into the open rafters of the roof area and stored his pecan.

By that time, Tom was finished eating and walked into the shop to go to the restroom. As he passed the manager, he said to him "How much are you paying that squirrel?" The manager said "excuse me?" Tom said, "The squirrel is out there shelling pecans for you.....how much are you paying him?" The manager's jaw dropped and he came tearing out to the roofed bin to chase away the squirrel.
That squirrel ran back and forth on the rafters, and even jumped to the backside of a hanging bag of pecans hiding from the manager who was running around and back and forth yelling at the poor squirrel. I wish I had a video of that, because it was so funny I had tears running down my face from laughing so hard.
There were many comical things that happened on our trip. I wish I had the time and energy to tell you guys about all of them. I still promise to tell you about the non-existant bathtub. But it has lost some of it's hilarity by now, but I will tell you anyway. Maybe I can get to THAT story tomorrow night.
By the way, we are home now and safe after driving through really bad thunder storms for several hours yesterday. We found out that approximately 100 miles west of us, got over 8 inches of rain. I think we got 6 inches while driving through it. I am happy to be home.
Renee, looking forward to lunch this week.
Later folks.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 8:28 PM | Permalink |


0 comments: