FreeKibble.com
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Am I not living right!!!???
It seems as though I must not be living right lately, because this year has been one thing after another. Don't get me wrong, I am not whining, but just stating facts.

So far this year, we have had our central air and heat unit go out suddenly and had to replace it, a paralized dog (she has recovered nicely), wrecked my truck, still don't have it back, and now the biggie; I have been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Yes, breast cancer. It is called Ductal Carcinoma in Situ. That means it's located in the milk duct and as of right now, it has not broken through to other ares of the breast. However, they did an MRI on both breasts last Friday to make absolutely sure that it is not located anywhere else. I am waiting for the results as I write this. The waiting is torture.

I have to make a decision that is proving to be very difficult. One, I can have a mastectomy and they can use abdominal tissue to rebuild/reconstruct the breast. Or, two, I can have a lumpectomy, but then I would have to have 35 radiation treatments in 7 weeks, 5 times a week. That is a lot of traveling back and forth every day (75 mile round trip) and I am not sure I would be up to doing that. They say you get very tired the more radiation you have.

Tom is standing with me on whatever decision I make. He said that, of course, it is my decision and he will be there with me however I go. He is my rock and I hold on to him. He also understand my anger outbursts, especially right now. I have been doing pretty well with all this until I pitched a 'Cindy fit' this past Saturday and ended up throwing my laptop. Miraculously, it didn't break. But Tom just wrapped his arms around me and let me cry. That is the way he is....'The Wind Beneath My Wings'.

I am in the process of doing a lot of research, reading everything I can find, and looking at different types of reconstruction surgery if I decide to go with the mastectomy. I will keep you all posted about this road I am traveling. If anyone is out there that has gone through this type of cancer and knows what to expect, please let me know.

Love to all of you.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Cindy N. at 4:04 PM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Avant-Garde

    I love you SO much and have to tell you again how much you have influenced and guided not only my professional but personal life ever since I met you!
    You are going to come out on top of this I know.
    Cuz thats my CINNY!

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    If there is something I can do for you, let me know. I love you.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    When things aren't going right for me, I have been told to go back and do the things I was doing when things were going right.
    Keep your chin up!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Honey-babes, haven't heard from you lately, so I thought I would check your site to see how things are going. Keep your head up high!!! Things are going to be OK! I love you!!! Wish I could blow raspberry kisses all over your check and lick ya!!! hahaha!!! Any time you need to vent on anyone you can call me, maybe it will give Mr. Loveable Tom a break (even though I know he doesn't mind). Love ya, MOM!!! I'm here if and when you need me.... NET