FreeKibble.com
Monday, October 13, 2008
Getting my marks!
I am finally getting started with the radiation treatment program. Last week we met with the Oncologist and had first consultation. I liked her immediately. She is very personable and very down to earth.Smiles

Anyway, today I had to go for the planning session. They did a CT scan and put black marks all over the front of me. Then they covered the marks with waterproof clear plastic so they won't wash off. They also created a 'cradle' that has the imprint of my head and arm so that I will be in the same position for each treatment. All of that only took about 30 minutes.

Now the doctor will look at the CT scan and make a 'map' for treatment. They will call me when that is done and set up the appointment for my first treatment. Each treatment will take about 10 minutes. I have to have 30 to 35 treatments, then I will be all done.
As of now, I am a cancer SURVIVOR! Pink Ribbon





Labels: , ,

 
posted by Cindy N. at 4:09 PM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Good luck!
    I hope your treatment is effective, painless and thorough.