FreeKibble.com
Monday, September 07, 2009
Back is fixed now....
Three weeks ago tomorrow morning, I had major back surgery. I had a lumbar fusion and something else, that is a very technical term I can even say, much less spell. Oh well, what ever it was/is it seems to have worked well. I am already walking, albiet a little unsteady, but having very little pain. Dr. Isaza is a wonderful surgeon.

The first night of surgery, I had a very rough time. I just wanted the pain to go away and Tom said I begged God to take me. I think I was really begging God to take the pain, not me. Anyway, the doctors and nurses were finally able to get a grip on my pain and then I was able to rest some. Tom said I had that little pain pump button in my hand pumping it for everything I was worth. I just remember how bad it hurt and I just wanted it to stop.

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know I am still kicking.....litterally and I am glad that surgery is over with. I don't want to do it again any time soon.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:24 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Terri G

    I'm glad you made it through the spinal fusion okay. That is one wicked operation. I remember my first day/night after the surgery - I was doing some pleading to God to. Isn't it so weird that you have to learn to walk and use steps all over again. I had to walk up and down 3 steps in the hospital before they would let me go home and it was like a mountain to me.

    I hope you are feeling much better now!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger faust

    so glad you have been stitched back together. you have been such a beacon in my life and my selfish side wants you around forever.
    do what the doctors tell you; lord knows most of the rest of us do not.
    love
    joe