FreeKibble.com
Friday, November 04, 2005
Orzo and wild rice and a movie!


Today is Friday, my favorite day of the week. That means I don't have to work tomorrow...I can sleep late tomorrow! Yippee!

I bought myself two Angels' Trumpet plants today, a pink one and a yellow one. Now I need to buy a white one and I will have the trio of colors. They make such a beautiful bloom which I understand is poisonous if you eat it. Why would I eat the bloom anyway? They are pretty to look at though. Here are pictures of the blooms. They really are gorgeous!!

Since I get off at 11:00 am on Fridays, about once a month or so, my friend, Cynthia, and I meet for lunch and then we go to a movie. Lots of times we kill time between the movie and lunch by shopping at the nearest Wal-Mart. Today we met at J Alexander's. We both love their grilled Salmon and Orzo & Wild Rice.

The Orzo & wild rice is a really pretty dish. It's got cooked orzo and wild rice mixed with chopped yellow and red bell peppers with tiny currents (they are teeny tiny raisens) parsley, corn and balsam and vinegarette dressing, served cold. Cynthia, did I leave anything out? It is such a good dish, Cynt and I had to ask the manager how to make it so we can try it at home. You would think....cold rice!? YUCK! But it is truly VERY good. Oh and the Salmon is excellent.

After lunch we spent about an hour roaming around in McRae's going out of business sale. We thought we might get some deals on things, but I can tell you there are NO deals. We think the raised the prices before giving you a 40 to 60% price cut which put it back at the normal price. The only thing I found in there that seemed like anything close to a deal were some clocks. I didn't buy any though. Cynt didn't find anything she couldn't live without either.

We saw the movie Prime. It was pretty funny. I enjoyed it. It stars Uma Thurmon and Meryl Streep. It's a definite chick flick, but that is the type of movies Cynt and I like. She's a great movie buddy because we love the same types of movies. Thanks for going with me Cynt! I enjoyed our day.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:33 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Renee

    Those Angel Trumpets are so pretty. I need to get some like that for my house!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I enjoyed reading up on your life, makes me feel closer to you.

    Later babe, K