FreeKibble.com
Saturday, November 05, 2005
Silent Saturday morning!
Just because I was talking about how late I can sleep on Saturdays, I woke up at 7:15 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I got out of my toasty warm bed and put the dogs out. It was so magnificently quiet outside. I sat down on the porch and just listened to the sounds of the early morning.

There was a couple of birds singing quietly like they understood that they should be gentle with their morning songs, so as not to waken the world. There was a dog barking way off in the distance and a rooster crowing somewhere. There were no cars running up and down the street, nor gravel trucks making there way to and from the gravel pits. The kids in the area were still sleeping instead of riding their 4 wheelers around their yards. So very quiet. I enjoyed sitting there listening to not much of anything. Maybe I will get up early again tomorrow morning to enjoy the silence.

My family (well some of us) met in Hammond this evening to have dinner together for a late celebration of Mom's birthday. My brother, Frank and his wife, my niece, Allison with her husband Tres and baby Ainsley, my nephew, Patrick and Heather and Allen, Tom and I and Mom. Ainsley is 4 1/2 months old. She is alert and so sweet. I got to hold her for a little while and she immediately fell asleep. Here is her picture.
Isn't she sweet?!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:05 PM | Permalink |


0 comments: