FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
There you have it!


Here they are folks, 8 instant multi-millionares!

The question of who won the record $365 million Powerball jackpot last weekend was answered Wednesday morning.

The jackpot has been claimed by a group of eight workers from a meat processing plant.

They all work in Lincoln, Nebraska,at a ConAgra ham processing plant near a U Stop convenience store where they bought the winning ticket.


Three of the workers actually went to work Tuesday night and got off at 6:30 a.m. before the 10:30 a.m. jackpot news conference.

The eight workers' names: Quang Dao, 56; David Gehle, 53; Alain Maboussou, 26; Chasity Rutjens, 29; Robert Stewart, 30; Michael Terpstra, 47; Dung Tran, 34; and Eric Zornes, 40.
One of the eight Nebraskans who won the record Powerball jackpot says he's now been retired four days.


Eric Zornes said when he discovered he'd won "it was party time."

Chasity Rutjens said she keeps feeling like she's "going to wake up from a dream" and realize it's not true. She said she is not married, so the jackpot is all hers. She also wants to invest well so that she isn’t broke by the time she turns 50.

The winning ticket for the biggest jackpot on record for any lottery in the United States was sold in Lincoln.

The winners chose a lump sum cash option, giving them more than $177 million collectively, or $15.5 million each after taxes.

Well, now we know where our money went! So, there you have it! I might not be able to buy an island with $15.5 million, but as I told my friend 'Net, I sure could buy a house ON an island overlooking the ocean and beach. I would be happy with that.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 3:54 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    I distinctly recall that winning powerball ticket was supposed to me mine. Where is the justice?

    Anyway I am glad it went to normal down to earth people instead of some rich twit who didn't need it.

    Next powerball is mine for sure!

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Daisy, you are going to have to share with me, since it's supposed to be mine. If I win, I will share with you AND my friend Karen in Canada!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Deirdre

    It should be illegal for one person to possess that much money at one time, unless of course, it's me or someone I know who happens to like me very much and loves to share. :P