FreeKibble.com
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Another loss in my life
Just a few minutes ago, I was notified of another death. My friend of 17 years, Gwen, died today. She had been suffering with Lou Gehrig's Disease for about 5 months.

This picture was taken in 1998 on Labor Day when she, and her roommate, took Tom and me riding on Bell River in their party barge. That was such a nice day. Gwen and I had planned to spend a lot of time on that river fishing and picture taking when I retire. Of course those plans have now changed......best layed plans.

I have had the privilege of knowing Gwen for 17+ years. She has remained a good friend for all those years, even when we didn't talk for a long time, we would pick up right where we left off. I will miss her calls where we would spend an hour or so talking and laughing and sharing some of our lives with each other. We addressed a lot of issues during those calls, and I learned a lot from this lady. She passed today at the age of 62. Too young, life is so short. Good bye my friend. I will see you again one day and we will spend lots of time on THE BIG RIVER. I love you.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:33 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Renee

    Sorry to hear about that, Cindy.
    Hope you had a good Mother's Day anyway.
    Lunch?

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey babe!

    There has been a lot of sadness for you lately. Just keep remembering all the good memories, they are plenty!

    Thinking of you from Canada!

    Delta B#1
    K

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Kelli

    Awh Cindy..Im so sorry...

    That was a beautiful post though..