FreeKibble.com
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Preparations everywhere
Dan, my co-worker, and I are making preparations for a new employee that will be hired within a few days. It's hard to go through the notes and documentation of our former co-worker, Angele. Each time I see her handwriting, I feel like she is standing right there with us. Gosh! I miss that lady so much. It's been 3 months since her death and I still wait for her to turn the corner by my cubicle and sigh and say "Good Morning, Cindy!". She was always so pleasant. I wish everyone I know could have known her. She was truly a blessing in my life and someone, I loved working with and spending time with outside of work.

Tom and I are still making preparations at home as well. The insurance adjuster called yesterday and said he was having trouble getting in touch with the contractor. So here we go on the merry-go-round of, I need to hear from this person and that one needs to hear from another one and he needs to hear from someone else. I hate that kind of crap! They don't want ME to throw a hissy fit, because this is what I look like when I throw one! It ain't pretty!

I am going to try to be positive for the rest of the day. Ok, let me think of some positive things to say: hmmmmm..........ummmmmmm...........well............oh yeah!

1. It's Thursday so that means I only have 1/2 day tomorrow to work! Yahoo.
2. I am going to spend the night with my mother tomorrow night and my daughter will join us. We will have a slumber party. Three generations...I will have to find a picture and put it up here later.
3. Saturday, my daughter and I will be going to Loxley, Alabama to visit my grandmother. She is getting weaker so I want to see her now. (oops, that's not completely positive, but I tried.)
4. I am about to go eat breakfast with my friend, Cheryl. That is always pleasant.
5. Tom is getting better with his dentures. The dentist is adjusting them so that they are more comfortable for him to wear. He is beginning to be able to chew more solid foods.
6. AND Tom is still not smoking!!! 4 weeks tomorrow! I am so proud of him. That is a big accomplishment for him, especially with everything that has been going on in our lives. YEAH for TOM!


I will be getting a new blog style. Daisy is working on it for me as we speak. She has some really cute ideas. Thanks tons, Daisy!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 8:35 AM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Renee

    Hang in there, Cindy! things will turn around. We have lunch next Friday! Something to look forward to . . right?
    Yay for Tom!!

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Kelli

    Its nice to focus on the positive stuff sometimes..

    I remember when my dad got dentures..he was so miserable for a while but now he is a pro. Tell Tom to hang in there.

    Hope you have a nice breakfast and I know you will have a blast at the slumber party..that sounds like so much fun!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Hey - where did you get that picture of me? ha ha. Actually that's what I look like after I get done talking on the phone with my granddaughters mother. It's not a pretty sight.

    Have a good weekend!

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    I remember that episode of Star Trek!
    Congrats to Tom on not smoking!