FreeKibble.com
Monday, March 20, 2006
A long week behind and ahead....
Last week Tom and I spent trying to box up just about everything in our house to put into storage. I had said years ago, if we ever had to move again, I'd get a divorce and this is almost like moving without going anywhere. It's overwhelming. We are both packrats and boy does it show when we are trying to fit a 5 bedroom house into a 10 x 20 foot container.

I didn't realize how many catalogs and magazines I have collected, sales magazines, redbooks, good housekeeping, people, reader's digest, crafting magazines, etc. etc. etc. You name it, I had it. I have been throwing away a LOT of stuff, but Tom has a fit about some of it. I have an old cheap metal shelf that I got back in the 70s and it's wobbly and not very strong, and I am trying to throw it out and he keeps moving it to a different place. Everytime I get it toward the door to put it in the trash pile by the road, it gets moved again. Whatdyado? I am just before throwing one of MY hissy fits! Everybody better clear out when I throw a hissy! It's not pretty!

I got so competely overwhelmed with it all, that I slept litterally ALL day Saturday. I just needed to check out and escape I guess. I have been trying to keep my chin up, but I am having a hard time with it today. I have finally realized that I am very depressed about it all and the fact that I can't take off any more time from work without getting called on the carpet about that. I keep telling myself 4 more months, 4 more months, 4 more months. But the crisis is now, not in 4 months!

We are living on concrete floors and that, along with the boxes everywhere and the furniture topsy turvy, makes me feel like I am living in a warehouse. It's dirty and dusty and just yuck!

I know I am whining, but I just feel the need to vent. Does anyone have any cheese to go with my whine?

We still have so much packing to do. We decided last night that if we dedicate 1 hour per night to packing up something, we will have it all done by the time the construction starts. They said that would be in about 2 weeks. Ceilings in two rooms, a wall between two rooms and all the floors in the house. One or more light fixtures, a/c vents, one cabinet is warped already, stove to be repaired or replaced. Makes me tired just thinking about it all.

I keep telling myself, "It'll be fine in the end. If it's not fine, it's not the end." You will keep reading it too.

Have a good day.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 7:47 AM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cinny! just think how beautiful your new floors will be!
    I so hate that this happened to you guys, but I know in the long run you will make the BEST of it..
    Larkster

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Renee

    I'm with Lark; the new flooring will be great, and you'll be able to enjoy it all day long in a few months when you retire! Just think good, happy thoughts!

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger mox

    Your husband sounds like my FIL -- every time my MIL starts getting rid of stuff he drags it back from the curb and puts it in the garage. She has to wait until he goes out of town to really unload stuff.

    I feel your pain -- my husband and I have decided to never move again. The last time we moved we'd only been married four years and had moved twice in that time. Now we've been married nearly 13 years and have lived nine of them in the same house... which had very little furniture to fill it nine years ago.

    I get desperate when I start to consider all the *stuff* we have....

     
  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger ShooShoo

    I tend to have a hard time getting rid of stuff as well, though I know I've gotten a little better about it over the last few years (it just began to get to be too much!). Maybe you guys can go on Clean Sweep! :)