FreeKibble.com
Friday, February 24, 2006
My ME Day
I had a pretty nice day today. I had been working on a major problem at work for the last 6 weeks or so and have been talking and working with the vendor on it as well. He and I have fought this piece of software and tried everything under the sun. Well, I had called him earlier this week and asked him to come back and help me again because now the problem we thought we had fixed, was NOT fixed. Talk about frustration! Anyway, he came in as soon as I got to work this morning at 7:00 am and by 10:30 we had the problem FIXED! Yippeeeeee! One less problem to worry about.

I left work at 11:00 and went to have lunch with a friend I haven't seen in about a year as best we can figure. We had a nice chat and visit and we decided to get together to go take pictures maybe this coming Tuesday. Since it's Mardi Gras Day, we have the day off. At first, I have to admit, I thought about having to get up and get dressed on my day off and go somewhere, but the more I thought about it this afternoon, the more excited I got about it. Instead of sitting at home isolating like I have been doing, I can get out and spend a nice day with a friend. Yes, That is exactly what I need.

I was so inspired, that I stopped at the Capitol Lakes after dropping her back off at work and took a few pictures. Here are the ones I took today.

This is a little baby Nutrea. Some folks call them river rats.

This is the Mama Nutrea. She is about the size of a large duck or a smallish beaver. Three adult ducks. Nothing real special, but they were pretty.Then there is this guy in the tree. I had to take his picture because it's unusual for these guys to be out at this time of the year, when it's very cool like today was. There was an inmate cleaning the edge of the lake right under this guy, so I told him "Back up slowly right now!" He said "Did I do something wrong?" I said, no, I just didn't want that guy to get hold of you and I pointed at Mr. Snake. The poor inmate almost passed out. It scared him really bad. Poor guy didn't have a clue Mr. Snake was there.

Gerry, thank you for listening today and inspiring me. These photos are just for you! And thank you so much for my magnetic necklace you made for me. I love it! I should have taken a picture of it too. Hope to see you Tuesday for a day of photography.

Oh, I almost forgot about the ME day. After taking these photos, I went to get my nails done and after that, I had a one hour deep muscle full body massage. Mmmmmmm that feels so good. I am going to start doing that more often for sure. I NEED that. Maybe once a month. If you have never done it, please treat yourself and get it done.

Well, ME Day is over so I am going to cook supper for ME husband! LOL

Have a good weekend.

 
posted by Cindy N. at 7:08 PM | Permalink |


5 comments:


  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Kelli

    Ohh..what I wouldnt give for a deep tissue massage..

    You are totally right though..everyone needs to have more ME days. Im glad that yours was so nice :)

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cindy, those are great photos! Especially the snake. I have never seen anything like that before. Now I am inspired to use my camera also. See ya Tuesday!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    I was all relaxed while reading your post and enjoying looking at the pictures - then I saw the one with that -- thing-- in the tree. AAGGHHH!!! That is scary looking. Talk about one of my worst nightmares!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Renee

    Yay, Me day!
    Rats, come! (remember that?)

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Yes, I will always remember that Renee and so many other things too. It made me smile to think of it. Thank you!