FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
New Smiles and Happy Toes!


Well, we have made it through the worse part of Tom's ordeal. He has finally gotten past most of the pain associated with this dental surgery and has had his first denture adjustment. He just called to tell me he can smile now without so much pain after seeing the dentist this morning. I am glad, because he was really having a hard time.

Before, when he smiled, the dentures dug into his gums and were causing ulsers and much pain. So he took the top one out yesterday and decided not to wear it until he could get it adjusted. He still hasn't smoked! Six days!!! I am happy for him, but I don't know if it will last. We shall see.

My toes are happier now too. They are feeling better and are healing well! Maybe if I would at least wear socks like these, my toes wouldn't get hurt so often, but I just hate having things on my feet when I am at home. Hate!

When you are a Southern Girl, you just generally learn to go barefoot. I never remember a summer when I wore shoes as a child and I guess it just stuck with me that now I hate wearing shoes. I don't even like slippers in the winter time. I would rather just put a blanket over my tootsies when they are cold, than put on slippers.

I do have some fleece booties with little rubber stars on the bottom to keep me from sliding around in them and I don't mind wearing them, but it has to be REALLY cold for even those!

I am back at work today and hating it. I have 5 months and 3 days till retirement and I just can't stand the waiting. It seems the closer I get, the slower the time goes.

This coming weekend, Tom and I and our friend, Brett, are going to Houston for the Cirque de Soleil Delirium show. I can hardly wait. Tom bought our tickets to this for my birthday that is later this month. We are leaving Saturday and coming back Monday. The show is Sunday night. I am sure it will be beautiful. All the Cirque de Soleil shows are awesome. If you have never been to one, and you get the opportunity (even though the tickets are pretty expensive) GO! You will NOT regret it one little bit.

If they will let us take pictures (which they usually don't) I will put some in my blog for when I get back. If not, you will just have to go see it yourself! Sometimes it's on TV too. It's pretty cool.

Well, that's about all I know for today. See y'all soon!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:40 AM | Permalink |


5 comments:


  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Renee

    Yeah, the circus AND Brett, what could be better than THAT?! Have fun!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Kelli

    Im so jealous! You guys have a great time!

    And thanks for your comment today on my post. I was needing a pep-talk about right then. It is amazing to me how important this blog has become to me.

    Thanks Cindy!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Poor Tom, he will feel great when everything is healed, but for now I am sure it is an ordeal.

    I so know exactly what you mean about Southern girls and going barefoot. Why I didnt even like wearing socks unless I had to. Once I moved to the Midwest I suddenly started wearing both socks and slippers.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Julie

    Hi Cindy! Thanks so much for the nice card you sent me. That really means alot to me. Many people have been very supportive.
    I hope you have a wonderful time in Houston. It sounds like it is a great show.
    I am like you I hate having things on my feet. I usually go to bed and put some socks on when I am cold as I can't go to sleep when I am cold either but somehow the socks always are thrown beside my bed by morning!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    Hope you and your husband get feeling better soon and that you hav a great trip!