FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Nothing to talk about really
I really don't have much to talk about today. I am feeling pretty good emotionally. Been talking to lots of friends. Lark called and chatted with me for about an hour Monday evening and I always really enjoy talking with her. She is such a neat lady and good friend. I have known her about 20 years and we have always remained friends. I wish she and her husband lived closer so we could visit more often. Of course they are only about 2 hours away......when I retire.

There is so much to do 'when I retire'. I want to do some gardening, since I never have really. I want to learn. I love flowers and would really enjoy seeing the results of my own dilly dallying in the dirt. I got a magazine in the mail the other day and it has lots of blooming plants in it and it tells you when and in what region you can plant them. After looking through this magazine for about an hour, I FINALLY found the page that showed what region I am in. It would seem they would make that little teeninsey itsy bitsy map a little bigger so you can see it without a magnifying glass. I figured it out anyway. I am in region 9. There are a LOT of their plants that will grow in this region. Cool.

Another thing 'when I retire' is to clean out my mess of a house. I will take a corner and do it and then move to the next corner. Maybe, eventually, I will get whole rooms cleaned out. That would be nice. I could be on the TV program Clean Sweep! Of course Tom would have a hissy fit if they started throwing away his stuff. I assume most of you know what a hissy fit looks like. If you don't, you should try to see one some day. It can be quite entertaining and a little scary too. I looks a little like this and it sounds something like when you step on a cat's tail. The screeching , the yelling! Wow, stay out of the way of a person having a hissy fit.


Tom and I are trying to figure out what to do on vacation this year. I won't have to take off from work (because I will be retired) but he will and we are trying to decide what time of the year to go. Usually we go to the beach every year, but we have just about decided to do another long drive and go to the western third of the United States. We would end up visiting Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregan, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and back home. If anyone out there that reads this blog has been to or lives in any of these states, and knows of some interesting things to do there, please email me or Comment and let me know. Also let me know the best time of the year to have the best weather, etc.

We could still end up in Toronto too, I just don't know yet. We have some really good friends in Toronto and I want to see them, but I also want to travel some. Tom and I travel very well together. We really enjoyed our trip to Canada a few years ago. We drove 4500 total miles and it tooks us two weeks. We did stay a few days in Toronto and then another few days in New Jersey though.

I have been doing some research and found an interesting website called www.roadsideamerica.com . It's got some off the beaten path types of attractions and sights to see.

Well, for someone that has nothing to talk about, I have been very long winded today. LOL More tomorrow I guess. Time to go outside and take a break in the beautiful weather we are having here. 79 and clear skies! Perfect.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 1:49 PM | Permalink |


7 comments:


  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Renee

    We're planning on going to Hot Springs, AR this year! Let's meet up!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I definitely agree on the depiction of the famous (or infamous) hissy fit!!!
    love, ME Larkeeee

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger Kelli

    Well Cindy..if you end up going through Texas let me know and I can tell you some neat places. My favorite is San Antonio..its a little touristy but they have a fabulous Mexican market there and the riverwalk is beautiful (pretty romantic too!). WHenever I roadtrip I go through Oklahoma. There are so many lakes and national parks. Favorite area is Broken Bow...they have great little cabins tucked away that are dirt cheap to rent. Hope you have fun planning your trip!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger ShooShoo

    Well of course there's tons of stuff to do & see in California... Are you thinking about Northern? Southern? Both... ? I'm more familiar with Northern of course, but once you know more for certain I'll plan getting ya a few ideas.

    In OR, Portland is a great city to visit, and if you're in that area, driving through the Columbia Gorge is beautiful; there are tons of waterfalls & sights to stop at. And Eugene is a great little hippy/college town.

    I went to AK once, and would highly recommend a visit to Eureka Springs if you go there. I have pics of that town, as well as a pic of the Gorge in OR on My Lists blog. :)

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Traveling around sounds like a blast. I want a RV when I retire so Greg and I can travel all over.

    I am sooo jealous of your weather! I think speing has forgotten the Midest.

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Don't try to type when you haven't had your 1st cup of coffee and you are nodding off at the PC. I meant to say: spring has forgotten the Midest.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Arizona and Wyoming are AWESOME!!! One year (I think I've told you this already) we drove 5,000 miles in 9 days. It was the best trip ever (except crossing Texas!!) I didn't like that. In Wyoming, of course they have Yellowstone National Park. So much to see and gorgeous. In Arizona, we saw Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and Zion Canyon. They are just gorgeous! My mom loves Sedona in Arizona. She wants to go back there so bad. My husband loves just driving and driving. We stop at every national park that we can. Great memories for the kids. Hang in there! Retirement will be here before you know it. LUV YA!