FreeKibble.com
Monday, March 27, 2006
A very nice Birthday weekend!

My birthday was Friday and it started off with my two brothers calling me on their cell phones and all three of us had a nice conversation together while I traveled all the way to work. That was fun. It's rare when I get to chat with both of my brothers at the same time.

Then, at work, my friend Cheryl, brought me 2 dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme! YUMMMY! Her daughter, Jada, 6 years old, send me a polar bear stuff animal. Cute cute cute and they each brought me a birthday card.

Tricia, another work friend, brought me a bag of chocolate covered blueberries (my favorite) and a card. She said one day we were talking and I was telling her about these chocolate covered blueberries at Chocolage (a big candy store here) and when I walked away, she wrote it down so she would remember what I liked. That was so sweet. She also offered her and her sons' help in moving stuff out of our house. I will definitely take her up on that!

The two ladies that work in the office here, Karen and Cookie, gave me a picture frame and a card. All the cards that I got were so cute and made me laugh. Dee called and sang Happy birthday to me over the phone. Haven't seen her in a long time. I miss her. Karen and Ron from Canada called and sang Happy Birthday and sent me a package. I got it in the mail Saturday. I called them Sunday and opened it while they were on the phone. They sent me a cute shirt I am wearing today and a little mirror with a poem about friendship printed on it. That was so nice. Thanks to you all.

One of the ladies at work, did something ever so special that she made me cry. She gave me a card and a book. The book is called HUGS, Daily Inspirations for Women. On the inside front cover, she signed it, To Cindy, From Angele and Earlene. When I saw Angele's name, I just started crying. It was so thoughtful of Earlene to do that. She said Angele was talking to her and telling her I needed something special for my birthday. Angele is my friend who passed away on December 31, 2005. I still miss her so very much, but I know she is here looking over my shoulder and watching over my life as my guardian angel. Thank you Earlene, and Angele.

I also got a sweet card from my Mom and from a lady named Judy I haven't seen in many years, but she always remembers my birthday. Some people sent email and email cards. Thank you all.
Friday night, Tom took me to dinner. He was late getting home so we didn't get to go to the place I wanted to go, but that's ok. I enjoyed being out with him anyway. Saturday evening, my daughter and her husband, came over to the house and took Tom and me out to dinner. My and my stepson and his wife came along too. We went to a new place and it was pretty good.

The whole weekend was very nice. Thanks to every one who contributed to my birthday. I shows me just who many people love me. That gives me a great big warm fuzzy feeling. I love you guys!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 8:29 AM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Renee

    Lunch?! When?
    Glad to hear you had a great birthday!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Kelli

    Glad your birthday weekend was so great...

    Im stuck on the chocolate covered blueberries..I never knew there was such a thing! Im google-ing it now to see where I can find some here..they sound fabulous!