FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
The good news....and the bad
The first good news:
For those of you who I haven't talked to in person, my Mother is recovering nicely. She is at home now. The Cardiologist says he will most likely zap her with the paddles in another week. She is still in A-fib, but Doc doesn't seem to be real concerned about that as long as she is feeling ok and is taking her blood thinners. She is. And for those of you who have asked me about her, thank you so much for remembering and asking.

The flooring man came out to the house yesterday and the good news is that they are going to take up the Designer Solarium flooring (which is the biggest part of the flooring in my home) because otherwise, he said, it will mold and mildew. Also the good news is that I will have less trouble finding a match to the old solarium, which was a concern that I had. It's fairly neutral though, so maybe it wouldn't have been to bad, but now I don't have to worry about that. I can just go select what I want and not have to match new to old. Yahoo!

The bad news is that, now, we will have to move everything out of the entire house, just like we are moving out completely, so that the floors can be laid. I will probably need another storage unit like the one we have so we can put everything in it. Right now, and I know we have all done this, we are living out of boxes that are stacked up around my house. I can't find anything, I don't want to look for stuff, I just want to move to another house, apartment or hotel until it's all over.

I know the insurance will pay for us to stay somewhere for a few days, but we are talking about 6 to 8 weeks before all this crap is done. Everytime I call anyone about anything to be done, all I hear is Hurricane Katrina this, or Hurricane Katrina that. Well? Like my husband said, most of the hurricane victims in New Orleans, don't have to live in their house, or make decisions, because it's just all gone anyway. I don't mean to sound heartless, because I have seen the devastation that Katrina caused and I feel so badly for those people, but most of them are waiting for demolition teams to bull doze everything out of the way before they can rebuild (or not). On the other hand, my house is still here and what needs to be done is comparatively minor. But I want it done NOW! Dadgumit!

I think I will call my insurance man and just find out exactly what the rules are about living somewhere else in the meantime. I wouldn't mind staying at a hotel for a few weeks. Someone will clean our room daily, make up our bed, etc. All I would have to do is lay up in bed and watch TV or read and if it's warm enough, I could float around in their pool. I think I could stand a little pampering after all of the crap that has gone on in the past few months. I want a hotel with a spa! LOL I don't want much do I?

Blogger is STILL not uploading pics. Now that's beginning to royally piss me off!

In the meantime, I just heard about something that I think I would really enjoy doing. Have you ever thought about renting a houseboat on a big lake? It just sounds so nice and relaxing. I would love it. I am going to check into that. So have a nice day and bye for now!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:34 AM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Renee

    Sorry . . again, about all of that, Cindy-Lou. But a hotel DOES sound nice. Can I come?

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Julie

    Oh a motel sounds wonderful!Last year we put in all new windows---and my husband had to get his hands in it and help. Now most men are alittle messy.. my husband is ALOT messy!! I really hate the job of remodeling!! The motel thing sounds really great though... then to pay someone to unpack you while you are gone.. wouldn't that be the life?!

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Not just any hotel room, it should be a suite since you will need to stay there for more than a couple of days. And it should have more than one bedroom because we are all going to take turns visiting and using the hotel pool. Get your insurance agent right on that, okay?

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    A houseboat sounds really wonderful. Way to find ideas to make lemonade out of your messy lemon house. Glad to hear your Mom is doing well.