FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Reporting in
Hi everyone. I am back home and back at work! :( I am sure that I SHOULD be grateful for the fact that I have a job, but I am not.) I don't like getting up early in the morning in the first place, and now with the time change, I feel like my husband is waking me up before the chickens are moving. It's still dark when I get up and still dark when I leave for work. The only saving grace is the beautiful sunrises I get to see on my way to work....that is....if my eyes are open while I am driving in every morning. Some times, I sleep all the way to work and then wake up when I get here wondering how did I drive 35 miles and really have no memory of it! LOL Could I be one of those drivers you really don't want to be on the road at the same time you are?

I really did enjoy visiting with my sister and my grandmother last weekend. My grandmother (I call her Rorrock.....long story) is not doing very this week. She was good over the weekend while I was there, but she started having little mini strokes again on Monday. My sister panics when Rorrock has a little stroke and tries to awaken her when she goes out instead of letting nature run its course. The hospice nurse has now instructed her NOT to try to wake her up. She said this may be Rorrock's way of passing easily and quietly. It is increasingly difficult for her to eat any food and to pass urine, etc. The nurse said her 91 year old body is just shutting down now.

I know Rorrock wants to go be with my grandfather (I call him Fatpaw.....another long story) and has wanted to for 21 years. He passed away in 1985. Rorrock has been very loyal to their vows. She has waited another 21 years to be with him again. No man could have ever measured up to her Charlie, so she waits.

For the last few days, when she is awake, she stares off into the distance sort of like in a trance. I told my sister that maybe she sees what is out there for her and is making the decision to let go of all of us and this earth and to go on home. I know Fatpaw is waiting for her. They were married for about 55 years when he passed 21 years ago. So in her mind, Rorrock has been married to Fatpaw for 76 years. That's a long time in anyone's book. I can only imagine being so completely dedicated to one person for 76 years. I hope I have that kind of stamina where my own marriage is concerned.

Well, I have to go now. It is time for me to go home from work. I will check in again later.



 
posted by Cindy N. at 7:55 AM | Permalink |


5 comments:


  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    The night my grandfather passed he lay on the bed staring at the door. When we asked him what he was looking at he said that Jessie, his long dead wife, was outside the door waiting for him. I hope your Grandmother passes easily and is reunited. 21 years is a very long time to wait. Keep us posted.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Thank you Holly. I know she sees him and is waiting for him to take her with him. She has waited long enough now.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Renee

    I know what you mean about the time change. I still can't get up on time and have been a few minutes late for work every day this week!
    I'll be praying for 'Rorrock'; what a great thing to be in love with someone for so long.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Kelli

    That was kind of sad..but it was also kind of beautiful. I hope I find someone that I want to have that kind of stamina with one day.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    My grandfather died in 1985 too! My grandmom died 10 years later on Dec 5, 1995. I was with her the entire day on the day that she died. She was in a coma. I kept telling her it ws time ands she needed to go. Even though she was paralyzed and in a coma she rolled over and started yelling something loudly trying to speak to me. The nurse told me she was trying to tell me something and that I should tell her I was okay and loved her and she should go to the light. I did and a few short hours after I finally left her she went. That was a day that I will cherish forever because I was blessed to have spent her last on on earth with her. She passed just 2 months before she would have turned 90.

    Someday you'll have to tell us the story behind your grandparents nicknames.