FreeKibble.com
Monday, May 08, 2006
Back in the Groove today
My Hubby and I traveled to Mobile last week to attend Rorrock's funeral. It was very simple and elegant. I find it hard to grieve Rorrock's death since I know it is what she wanted and has wanted for a long,long time. She must be happy now being with her Charlie (my Fatpaw) and God. I learned that she died very peacefully; just closed her eyes with a smile on her face and went to sleep. We should all be blessed to meet our end that easily and peacefully.

At the funeral, I saw people I haven't seen in 45 years! One of my cousins, Anna, that I used to play with a lot when we were little girls was there. I was so surprised when I saw her. She actually recognized me! I didn't realize it was her though until she told me and then all I could do was cry. I saw ladies that my grandmother had been close friends with that I remember from my childhood. Sure does bring back a LOT of memories.

My brother had already planned a crawfish boil before Rorrock's death so we went ahead and held the get-together. It was really nice too. Boy! for being Alabamians instead of Cajuns, they sure threw one nice crawfish boil! We had so much food there, it was impossible to leave hungry. My sister had made a HUGE pot of Crawfish/Shrimp Etouffee and a huge pot of rice; someone was frying fish and squash slices and was bringing platters full of it around every 10 minutes or so; someone brought macaroni salad and potato salad and there was jambalaya; someone else had brought chocolate covered strawberries, banana pudding, brownies, and a couple of cakes, and some turtle cheese cake. There seemed to be a never ending supply of food. It was great. There was also a Kareoke (sp?) machine and people sang and danced and had a wonderful time.

Tom and I left Saturday morning to come back to reality. It rained all weekend pretty much and Sunday we just sort of lounged around all day and slept on and off, watched a little TV and that was it. We felt sort of lost without our dogs, but I am picking them up this afternoon when I get off from work.

Has anyone seen this movie? I just bought it for $6.95 at www.netflix.com . It seems like I remember wanting to see it at the movies, but never got the chance. Oh well, if it isn't any good, I will be getting it anyway. Guess I should have asked BEFORE I ordered it.

I sat down today and ordered a bunch of flowers/plants to put in my yard. I have never been much of a yard work person, but now that it's only 95 days till I 'graduate' from work, I figure I will have lots of time to do that. Rorrock always loved her flowers, so I think I will plant some in her memory. That way, when I look at them and see them bloom, I will know she is enjoying them just as much as I am. I am looking forward to doing that.

Well, I guess that's about all for today. I hope everyone else is doing ok and starting their week out happy and healthy.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 1:38 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    I am glad she went so peacefuly. That has to be a comfort.

    I am jealous of your crawfish boil. I have always wanted to go to one of those. You've GOT to send me some of those cajun recipes! We LOVE etouffee, especially crawfish etouffee. That is nectar of the Gods!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Kelli

    Glad that it was a nice funeral..and Im glad that she was peaceful.

    Crawfish boil sounds wonderful.. :)

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Hope you're doing OK.

    Your last two posts kind of made me sad. Since my Grandparents died, a whole lot of relatives have disappeared. Second and third cousins and Aunts and Uncles. . .