FreeKibble.com
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Summer time is here!!!!



I am ready for the summer now. I have my pool set up and filled with water and am treating it with the start-up chemicals. I am so ready to just flop down on my Molly Brown float and relax! Now, this, of course, is not MY picture on the float, but of one of those beauties they show in the ads to make you want to purchase one. I am 'just a tad' more round than the woman in this pic. But who cares. I enjoy my pool and that's what counts.

So anyone who wants to join me in a nice relaxing float for a while, come on over to my house. I am usually by myself in the pool. Tom doesn't fool with it much, so I just enjoy it all by myself and that's ok too! I turn on the radio, jump on the raft, watch the white fluffy clouds overhead and the birds flying so high I can hardly see them. I wonder if they have oxygen up there.......I guess so or they wouldn't be up there in the first place, eh? That cloud looks like a duck.......and that one looks like an elephant.....oh no, his trunk is disappearing and now it is taking the shape of a dog with floppy ears. Aaahhhhhh, so relaxing!

Well it's getting closer and closer to retirement. I can hardly stand it. 71 more days. 45 working days. That part stresses me, because I have so much to do at work before my 45 working days is up. I guess I shouldn't even worry about it because, at this point, I am not supposed to even care....but I do.

My house is still in chaos. Nothing has been done yet to get this show moving. Neither I, nor the insurance company has been able to get in touch with the contractor that is supposed to be making the repairs to my home. Sooooooooo, Mr. Insurance sent an appraiser to my house on Monday (Memorial Day) to try to come up with a cost of repair. Mr. Appraiser was very nice and will hopefully give us a good price so we can start hiring Mr. Somebodies to FIX OUR HOUSE! Living on concrete floors is getting to be the pits. I have already picked out my new floor tiles and carpet, so I am just waiting for someone to say "GO!". Mr. Insurance is getting antsy too. It's costing them more money every day this goes on. Maybe he will say "go!" soon. I sure hope so. At this point, all I can do is, as my brother says, "wait for somebody to call my name". Boy! Is he right about THAT!

Well folks, I need to get to work, so I will see you guys again soon. Have a great day!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 7:40 AM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Renee

    That pool sure does look nice and refreshing doesn't it?!
    Did I tell you we got our pool a few weeks back?!
    Good luck with your house. That just plain sucks.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    I wanna come float too! I think if I lived further south I would get a pool too. Sounds like a good reason to move to me!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Kelli

    Im heading over to swim..I will bring the sunscreen!

    And that sounds so nice having your mom there..you guys will have so much fun!