FreeKibble.com
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Visiting my Sister
I decided about a week ago to get off my duff and go to Alabama and visit my sister. I came here on Wednesday of last week and have been here ever since. I had decided to go home tomorrow, but I think I have changed my mind. I might stay a few more days.

It's been a long time since I have seen her and it's nice just to hang out with her. And besides, she's a good cook. She already made me some beef tips, crawfish & shrimp stew, two sour cream pound cakes YUMMMMMM, a breakfast caserole, cinimon rolls, and chicken and dumplins. I can't stay around here too long, she would have to cut a whole in the side of her house for me to get out of.

She is still in quite a bit of pain from the accident, but she is walking well and getting around good, just her back gives her fits. But she had rods in her back holding her spine together, so what can she expect but to have pain. She just got the pins out of her foot 2 weeks ago. It had started giving her lots of problems, so they took the pins out and it is feeling better now. The doctor told her she will probably never go back to work. She is totally disabled from the wreck and she is upset about that, but I told her there are other things she can do. She had a brand new grandbaby 9 or 10 days old, so she will be busy with her for a long time to come.

We went to Mobile yesterday to meet my uncle and pick up my grandmother's rocker from when she was a child, so it's at least 85 years old. It is so fine. I love antiques. He also gave me the clock that use to sit on her mantle. It has a little girl on a swing in it, that serves at the pendulum. I loved that clock as a child and it is so neat that I now own it. The chair will go to my brother for his granddaughter. I think that is what Mom wanted done with it.

We are going out to eat tonight at a place nearby. I have never been to it, but it sounds like a nice place to go. Susan (my sister) is in the kitchen baking another pound cake. We are waiting for the Sears guy to come fix their lawn mower. Of course they will be here between 8am and 5pm. You have to wait all day for those jerks and they probably won't come here till the end of the day.

Oh well, we can wait. We want to go through a bunch of tubs of stuff we got out of my grandmother's house, but we will just have to do it another day. I think I will go take a nap.

Have a good day folks!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 12:17 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINNY!
    I'm glad you and your sis got to spend time together. I know you both enjoyed it!
    Love you,
    Larkster

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Renee

    Sounds like you're having a great time! Hope you had a great birthday; I wrote to you about making a lunch plan but you were already gone. Let me know when you want to go.

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Happy belated birthday girl! I am glad you are taking some time for yourself and having some fun.

    And that food! You need to email me your sisters recipes and her name/city/state so I can put it in the cookbook. It sounds like you are both good cooks.