FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Turning Corners
Hi everyone. First of all I want to say Thank You All for all the prayers and warm thoughts that are being sent our way

Yesterday, when they placed my Mom in the 'standing frame' (sample is pictured here) during physical therapy, her blood pressure dropped and they had to stop and put her back in bed. All day her pressure continued to drop and she could hardly talk. She was so very depressed, I was feeling as if she had given up and would just lay there and die. She would not try to do anything for herself at all and she hadn't been eating either. Her legs absolutely DO NOT work at all. But the frame holds her up.

Today has been a very good day for her. I feel she has turned a corner and may be on the way to recovering and eventually coming home. When I arrived at the Rehab Center this morning, Mom had just been put back to bed after having been in Physical Therapy for 3 full hours. That is a BIG change! She had 'stood' in the standing frame for 15 minutes and had sat up for the full 3 hours. That was totally different than what was going on for the last 5 days.

When I talked with Mom today, she was responding correctly and her voice was stronger, her sense of humor even came out. She fussed at me about a couple of things too and I just laughed and told her that I was so happy to hear her fuss. She then stuck her tongue out at me and smiled. I can't tell you how that made me feel. I knew she was in there again and that she would be coming home. She is eating again and her thought processes are better.

She told me "I am going to come home." Yeah! I can hardly wait! Please continue the prayers for her full recovery.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:22 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Renee

    That's great news, Cindy! I'm so happy to hear that she's doing better. Here's to a full recovery and more good times to come!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Prayers do work! Keep us updated.