FreeKibble.com
Sunday, December 17, 2006
People have been asking!
I know I have been lax in updating lately, so here is the update that quite a few of you have asked for.

First of all my sister is doing so well that she is now walking with a cane and is actually allowed to drive herself to and from physical therapy. She still walks with a limp of course, and can only stand for a little while, but considering all she went through, she is a miracle in the making. She actually traveled to see her daughter get married a couple of states away from where they live and now has begun to travel to some other places as well. I know God is looking out for her and that she has many angels watching over her and helping her along. Thank you all for all your prayers. She really has benefitted from those.

My mother is doing a lot better as well. She has been diagnosed with a blood disorder called Polycythemia Vera. At first the doctor thought she had Lukemia, or some other type of cancer, but after many tests have been done, there doesn't seem to be any cancer at all. YEAH!!! So Mom will have to continue to go to the hemotologist once a month and be tested for her blood count. If it is too high, she has to have a pint of blood drawn off and discarded.

We finally found out why the blood thinner that she is taking doesn't keep her blood from getting thick from the Polycythemia. Blood thinner is actually a misnoamer (sp?). It actually doesn't then the blood but rather keeps it from clotting. Thereby keeping her from getting blood clots and such. The Polycythemia thickens her blood because of a tremendous amount of red blood cells being produced. The only way to control that is to draw the blood off. So that's the update on that.

We are getting closer and closer to being done with this crazy house. Tom and I stay frustrated with it all, but it is just taking time time time. We want it DONE, but .........nuf said.

I had lunch with Gerry and Anna the other day and it was so good to see them. That is the ONLY thing I miss since I retired.....not seeing my friends as much. But I do, so much enjoy going to lunch with them. And each of them have contacted me to ask me to join them for lunch. That really makes me feel loved. Thanks to you all and you know who you are!

If I don't get back here until after Christmas, Merry Christmas to everyone. I pray your holidays are happy and peaceful. I love you guys.

Labels:

 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:02 PM | Permalink |


0 comments: