FreeKibble.com
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Letter to the Editor!
Benny’s Carwash

This is in regards to an incident that happened at Benny's Car Wash on Coursey Blvd. on 10/20/06 at approximately 12:30 pm. It seems that the car wash was broken and not touching the back ends of any of the vehicles that went through there that day. The Manager, Ed Norman, would not shut the machine down but kept running cars through the car wash and blatently taking money from people knowing full well the people were not going to get what they paid for.

There were several people trying to talk to him at the same time I was there about the same problem. He refused to help anyone other than to allow each one of us to hand wash the back end of our own cars and then run through the carwash again. Is that going to help? NO! If it didn't wash the back end the first time, why would it wash it the second time? Make sense? Not to me. I informed him also, that I was handicapped and that I physically could NOT wash the back end of my vehicle even if I wanted to. He told me that was not his problem, that this was an express wash and he was not responsible for that fact that it didn't work. I wonder what the ADA would say about that.

I asked for his supervisor's name. He first ignored me for several minutes while I continued to ask for his supervisor's name and then refused to give me the name but did give me a number, which turned out to be at the Airline office.

There I spoke to Mr. David Whitehead who ended up telling me that the reason the backend of my car did not get washed was because I have a plastic window wiper on the back window. I told him that was rediculous and that there were more than just my vehicle that this had happened to today and how rude Ed Norman had been.

Mr. Whitehead then started yelling at me over the phone that I did not seem to understand the term 'express wash' and that there were two racks in the wash and therefore I should not have had this problem. When I tried to tell him that it wasn't just ME that was having this problem there today, he continued to use the 'plastic window wiper' excuse and the two rack reasoning to imply that it was not their fault that the car was not washed.

It is my opinion that if a wash is not washing, it should be shut down until such time as the machine is fixed. Mr. Whitehead had not even been informed that the machine was obviously not working properly. If the machine continues to run and people are continuing to pay without previous knowledge that there is a problem, that is called stealing! Therefore, I say Benny's Car Wash on Coursey Blvd. is knowingly stealing from the public without the public's knowledge. It is a real shame that this is allowed to keep happening. What can I do about this? I want this kind of 'lack of customer service' stopped. And I want an apology from Mr. Ed Norman and Mr. David Whitehead. I also want them to admit the problem was theirs and that they knowingly took money from each and every customer in there that day.

Meanwhile another gentleman at the Airline location offered to wash my car at that location for me and did so. Mr. Whitehead said this man should not have done that. What happened to common courtesy and customer satisfaction? Please print this, I hope it will prevent others from getting their money stolen too, as many of us did today at Benny's Carwash on Coursey Blvd.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:46 PM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Marc

    I will never go to that carwash or any other Benny's carwash in Baton Rouge. Nothing I hate more than bad service, except maybe arrogant managers. No wonder the service is bad if the manager is such an ass.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Oh I would have been burning mad! By handing them your money you contracted them to do a job and they breached that contract by not completing the full job. I watch people's court, I KNOW!!! Give 'em hell Cindy!!!