FreeKibble.com
Friday, September 15, 2006
Has it really been a week?
Gosh, how time flies when you're having fun! Mom and have been very busy this week. We have been unpacking all her stuff and hanging pictures, moving furniture around, decorating her bathroom (animal print). It's cute. Even Tom was excited about how it looked. I only have a few things left to hang and then I will be finished with her end of the house. I broke two of her little wall decorations yesterday and I felt so bad about it I didn't know what to do. They were two little owls that she had made herself in ceramics back in 1978. Damn! Damn! Damn!

We have had a week filled with doctor's appointments as well. Mom has a bone marrow disorder called Polycythemia vera. It can cause acute lukemia. We had to go to the doctor twice this week for them to try to draw off a pint of blood to be discarded because it is too thick. It can't be used for anything. They couldn't get it on the first day they tried, so she had to drink lots of water and go back the next day to try again. It worked. And it actually made her feel more energetic. Good! Now we go back in 2 weeks for them to draw another pint for discard.

They also did a bunch of blood tests and will give us results of that when we go back. There are some lung tests she has to do too. Her red blood count was very high which is why her blood was so thick. She said she didn't realize she was so lethargic, caused by thick blood, until after that was drawn and she started to have more energy. Poor Mom.

We have actually managed the week without getting on each other's nerves too much. I have been really tired and cranky a couple of days, but I have tried to have patience with her. And she got aggravated with me a couple of times, one of which was today. I slept most of the day, because I was just plain TIRED. She was irritated because she was by herself and thinking of all the things that could be done while all I was doing was sleeping. I needed the sleep and then I was able to get some things accomplished after I finally woke up.

Tom has been working hard this week and is very tired and cranky too. We have been asking him to do a lot when he gets home and he is worn out. I wish he could just take about a month off from work and help to get this house back in order, so he wouldn't wear himself out trying to do it all. He hasn't been able to mow grass in about 6 weeks. It's really getting high too. It's like a jungle out there. Oh well, there is nothing we can do about it right now. It would take him 2 full days to get just that mowing done.

I love my new flooring. 18 x 18" tiles. LOVE EM! They are very light grayish with brown marbley looking squiggles in them. Very pretty. It goes great in our home and really brightens it up. I did put carpet in two of the bedrooms and it is called 'wild mushrooms' and it's that color. One day I'll put up pictures. But it will be when EVERYTHING is finished. We still have fans to put up, light fixtures to put up. A cabinet in the bathroom needs to be purchased and put up, etc. etc. and we also still have to move all the furniture back in the house. Most of it is still in those storage units out front. I will be glad to get rid of THOSE things too.

Well, that's about all the news for today. Later people!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 1:31 AM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Renee

    Sounds like your weeks have definitely gotten busier since you're not a 'state worker' anymore! You need to take a picture of your new tile for us to see.