FreeKibble.com
Monday, July 31, 2006
Just plum lazy!
That was me this weekend. All I wanted to do was sit and do nothing and that is pretty much all I did. I managed to wash, dry, and fold eight loads of clothes that have been piling up for a while. With all the sheetrocking going on around my house, I have not taken the time or made the effort to wash the millions of towels and sheets (used for covering up things) and washclothes, along with dirty jeans, t-shirts, work clothes, etc. etc. etc. Lots of clothes to wash.

I also slept a lot. I even slept to almost 1:30 yesterday. It truly surprised me when I woke up and realized half the day was already gone. Oh well, I guess I needed the sleep.

The weather was nice, sunny and hot, and I didn't even go get in the pool. Lazy, I tell you, just plum lazy! I kept thinking about getting up to go get my swim suit on and think was all I did about it. There were some old Tammy movies on all afternoon, so I sat there and watched them..... You know
Tammy & The Doctor and Tammy & The Bachelor. Good old movies. The kind of healthy movies you wish your kids (especially the girls) would watch today instead of the blood and gore they are seeing.

I talked to my sister, Susan, yesterday and they are going to send her home Wednesday with 24 hour nursing at home. She will have a therapist 3 days a week 3 hours a day along with the 24 hour sitters. The doctor said she cannot be left alone at all. She is doing well but is still not allowed to stand on her legs and feet. They have brought her all sorts of assisting machines, lifts, picker uppers, etc. to help her at home. She will have a hospital bed at home too. She sounded sort of down in the dumps and I felt badly for her.


She has to be tired of laying in that bed. It's been almost a month now, and she has several more months to go. At least when she gets home, she will be in familiar surroundings, with the temperature the way she wants it. She has been extremely HOT since she got hurt. I don't know why, and neither does anyone else, but facts is facts. She is looking forward to seeing her little dog and her cats.

They are putting her hospital bed in the living room of her home, in front of the picture window, so she can see outside and be out there with everyone instead of feeling so separated.

I am feeling a little down in the dumps myself, because I now have to start packing up my stuff at work. I don't want any of it, except my pictures. I just want to walk away. I start looking around at all my little momentos from the years and it makes me a little melancholy. The memories........the laughter, the tears, the years.

I have to hurry up and pack so I can get that behind me!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:55 AM | Permalink |


0 comments: