FreeKibble.com
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Sister Update and other things
Hi everybody, My sister is doing well. She had more surgery on Monday that lasted about 6 1/2 hours. The doctors are having a very difficult time getting her pain under control. They are even giving her drugs stronger than Morphine. I didn't know there WAS stuff stronger than Morphine.

Even though Susan is in a LOT of pain, she is in good spirits. She says "I will walk again" and "I will not let this keep me down". She is grieving the loss of her little dog, but is also grateful for her own life having been spared. She knows she had many angels surrounding her when that accident happened. She is very fortunate.

The doctors are taking her back to surgery today to put a filter in the vein in her right leg to keep blood clots from passing into her heart and lungs. They are also giving her LOTS of blood thinners. The shots for that have to be given in the belly area.

I am very grateful to the Man upstairs that he spared her life and let us have her longer. She is a very giving person and has lots of friends and people who care about her.

Still waiting for contractors to contact me. Left message again today. I am getting very frustrated with this whole deal. I am about ready to just start hiring people to come in and do the work and be my own contractor. This waiting is getting very very very old now. I am also waiting for the mortgage company to send me back some of the money from the insurance check so we can do some of the stuff that WE can do. It seems everybody is waiting for somebody else. WHAAAAAAA!!!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:27 AM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Cindy, what helped me more than the morhphine in the hospital was the demerol. And when I had the pancreatitis the pain was so bad that they gave me some of both and that helped the best. You may want to ask her nurse to ask the dr about that combo for pain control. Morphine is best for long term pain but not for immediate pain. Demerol is best for that from someone who has been there.

    You all remain in my prayers!!!

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Hope your sister gets better and finds comfort from her pain.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Deirdre

    Waiting on other people is so annoying.

    I hope they get a move on soon.

    And I also send my best to Susan.