FreeKibble.com
Monday, June 12, 2006
Another new Monday!

We had a nice weekend. My housekeeper came Saturday and took good care of cleaning my house which was so badly needed. Then I took a very long nap.

We went to some friend's house Saturday night (we were invited to come get some boiled crabs) and picked up a BUNCH of boiled crabs, corn, potatoes, and shrimp. Ashley and his girlfriend had dropped by and they stayed and ate with us. Those were the best boiled crabs I have ever had. They were huge and so full. YUMMY! I want some more of those things. Man were they good. Ok ok I will stop going on and on about how good they were, but I can't help it....THEY WERE GOOD!

I spent a couple of hours in the pool yesterday. I had to vacuum it and I have to tell the story of what happened LAST weekend so you will get the gist of what I was up against yesterday.

My friend was over last weekend and we were floating, and sitting around the pool all afternoon. I had brought out salsa dip and scoops and we munched on that for a while. The salsa and scoops were on the table and the umbrella was through the table into the weighted umbrella holder underneath. A little breeze came up and dumped EVERYTHING into the pool; table, umbrella, 3 cell phones, salsa and scoops. WHAT a mess! We got everything we could see out of the pool, including the wilted scoops. I knew I was not able to get all of the salsa pieces out of the pool, but had no idea just how much of it was IN the pool to start with. I thought we had eaten most of it. NOT!!!!

While vacuuming yesterday, suddenly my vacumm stopped working. I went to check the filter and there were chunks of onions and bellpepper and soggy scoops clogging the filter. Man! there were a LOT of onions in that Salsa. Finally finished cleaning that out and finished vacuuming. Now my pool is back in order, but the umbrella is broken in half. It was brand new too. My luck again. Oh well,at least I have a sparklingly clear pool again.

Update on Aaron. Tom and I went to see him yesterday. He is still on the ventilator, but they are beginning to wean (sp?) him off. He seems to be getting a little better, even though he is definitely not out of the woods yet. Please keep saying those prayers for this young man.

I guess that's about all for now. You guys have a great day.





 
posted by Cindy N. at 12:16 PM | Permalink |


3 comments:


  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Renee

    Nothing like a pool full of onions! yum, that is sounding pretty appetizing to me!
    Glad to hear that Aaron is improving!

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cinnie,

    You could have sent some of those crabs our way! Share babe!

    Delta B#1

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Kelli

    Vacuuming out the pool just doesnt sound like fun at all!