FreeKibble.com
Monday, June 05, 2006
Turning brown!
I think I am going to live afterall. My burned skin is somewhat turning brown. The purple parts are still pretty purple and those are the parts that will peel in big sheets. I need Daisy's family down here to peel me. She cringes at that thought. But it feels good to me.

It's Monday and I am back at work. I have 67 days left till retirement and I am chomping at the bit. I am so ready to get out of here.

After pulling my hair out for several weeks, I finally talked to a contractor this morning and I think he will be doing the work on my house. What a relief. He said as soon as I get the appraisal back from the Mr. Appraisal and Mr. Insurance, he can start work on my house. He is also a member at the company where I picked out my flooring and carpet so that won't be a problem for me or for him. Looks like the wheels are starting to turn around here again. Maybe my house will be in order before I retire afterall.

My Mom will be moving in with us around the end of the year or the beginning of next year so I need to have all this stuff done and completed before she starts moving her stuff in her end of the house. She will have her own wing, so she (as she says) can hide if she wants to. I am looking forward to having Mom with us. It will give me some company when Tom is at work and he does work a LOT. Mom and I can work on crafts and stuff together, watch movies, of course watch the soaps, etc. We have never had that kind of time to spend together. I hope it all works out for us and especially for Mom. I want so much for her to be comfortable living with us and still be able to keep some of her independence.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 2:11 PM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Renee

    I actually enjoy peeling big sheets of skin. Crazy, I know!
    I didn't know your mom was moving in with you. It's bad when I hear all of your news thru this blog, eh?