FreeKibble.com
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Termites and more surgery for Susan


I have the termite man coming tomorrow to tell us how much that is going to cost us. Damn termites. What were they put on earth for? Certainly not to eat people's homes.

Susan is doing well, but will be having more surgery tomorrow morning. They will be repairing her arm, both feet and ankles, and her left leg. I will keep everyone posted as to her progress. Please keep all the prayers coming as I know that is why she is doing as well as she is.

Some of you have asked about the man who hit her. He apparently hydroplaned into her as he was coming around a curve. It was raining at the time. He received a broken leg and his vehicle was totalled. He was not drinking.

Susan's husband, Mike, has had a hard time dealing with the trauma of seeing it all happen. He is getting better as Susan gets better, but he said he sees it all happening over and over again when he is trying to sleep or is just sitting quietly. He said he ran toward her vehicle calling her name, but all he could hear was her faint voice saying, "help me, help me". He tried to get her out of the car, but could not and that is probably a good thing as badly as she was injured. He said "I know not to move someone hurt like that, but my desire to help her took over." I can only imagine what he must have gone through.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 10:04 PM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    My house is going to be all concrete, no drywall or wood.

    My old boss form over 10 years was driving drunk and hit two girls on bicycles. He has to make payments to them for the rest of his life.

    I'd almost rather be run over than be the one driving and run over somebody.

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Renee

    Thanks for the news, Cindy. I'm happy to hear that she seems to be on the road to recovery.
    Let's do lunch.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Kelli

    Im glad that Susan is doing better and I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

    I feel very bad for her husband..what a terrible thing to have stuck in your brain..he is joining you all on the list..

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    I was pulling dead fronds off a coconut tree and there was a cockroach under there. First time I saw a cockroach in it's natural environment.