FreeKibble.com
Friday, July 07, 2006
A long surgery day
Susan spent 6 hours in surgery today. They repaired her broken back during the first 4 hours and then worked on the femur in her left leg. They pinned it all together to stabilize it and she is now back in intensive care. She is in good spirits and is talking and responsive, even showing a bit of her humor.

Sunday or Monday they will go back in and try to do more repairs to her leg. Right now the rod is on the outside to stabilize it, but the next surgery will put the rod inside. The doctor said she is looking at about 3 months before she will be able to put any weight on her back or leg and then she will have LOTS of physical therapy.

I am just so grateful to know that she will recover and hopefully will be able to do most of what she has always done. She is not a couch potato type of person. She is always busy doing something. Well, not right now she isn't. She is lying flat of her back which she will be doing for a while.

In 35 days when I retire, I will be spending some time there with her while she recovers. I wish retirement was sooner, so I could help her more. With her being in another state, it's difficult for me to help much right now.

Please keep up the prayers. I know that is what has brought her through this far.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 9:32 PM | Permalink |


1 comments:


  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I have said a prayer...may the angels surround her and ease her pain, nursing her back to health in an expiditious manner.