FreeKibble.com
Friday, July 14, 2006
Some good things!
I think I need to start focusing on good things in my life because if I don't, I will going down the tubes right now. There has been a lot of shitty things happening in my life for almost a year now and I have had tunnel vision and have focused on how all the crap has made me feel. So here is some good stuff for me to look at instead.

First of all, the Termites:
The termite man came and looked at what we have. He said these are not the bad termites because these particular ones don't tunnel up from the ground and make little trails on the outside of the house, in fact, he found NO trails at all. Yeah! Instead these are call Dry Wood termites. He said they are sometimes dormant in wood from the mill, and sometimes they just come in on something you bring in from outside. They are usually localized to one little area and instead of eating 150 pounds of wood a year, these only eat about 3 pounds a year. Well, I felt better. ALSO, you can kill these Dry Wood termintes by using a common household bug killer or even soapy water. Sigh! I can do that. Now we do have to repair the window sill, but that's no biggy in the scheme of things. RELIEF!

Friends:
You know, I have so many friends and they all love and care about me and I them, but there are a few very special ones. One in particular who initials are PLC, called me yesterday after reading my blog and seeing what is going on in my life. She listened to me yell, and complain, and bitch and moan about things and supported me all the way. I did feel so much better when I got off the phone with her. Thank you PLC and you know who you are. You are one of my dearest friends and have been for a very long time. You are one of the most endearing people I know and have always been there when I needed a shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with, or even to just sit with on the porch watching nature. And we both love homemade icecream! Thank you and I love you.

Another very special friend is BKS. We have known each other for over 30 years and have been very close most of those years. We have very different backgrounds, and live very different types of lives, but for some reason, we have always just been able to talk about anything. We have been through a lot of life's trials and tribulations together throughout the years; divorces, births, deaths, etc. But through it all, we have and will always remain friends.

And then there's KM and RM. We have only known each other for a short period of time, like 5 years, but I consider KM one of my closest and dearest friends. It seems I laugh a LOT when I am around her or talking to her on the phone. We live VERY far apart but are close in so many ways. I think if we lived near each other, we would be stuck together at the hip. I love you KM.

There are many others too, but there is not enough time, nor space here to write them all down. Special friends are hard to find, but I have found some of the best!

Family:
There are no words to express what my family means to me. Each and every one of them are special in each their own way. And the community we form is full of love for each other, help for each other, concern, support, and all of the other things that go along with a wonderful family.
Thank you ALL for making my life more special to me.

I am very tired as I didn't sleep well last night, but I only have to work a few hours this morning and then I am out and about running errands, so I can get home and STAY there for the weekend. I will be able to sleep late tomorrow then we have to finish getting everything out of the house, so my son can come in and start sheetrocking. I have decided now, what I am going to do about the house, and now there's no stopping me.

You people have a WONDERFUL day and a great weekend. I probably won't blog again until Monday.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 7:15 AM | Permalink |


2 comments:


  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Deirdre

    You have a great weekend too!

    I'm glad you have decided to just take these home matters into your own hands and get started.

    I'm sure "A" will do a great job!
    And if he gives you any grief, well you're the "mom" and the "contractor" so either way, you get to be the boss and put him in line. :P

    Love you.

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Sometimes I think life is like a see-saw, when one thing gets better, something else gets worse. But in any case, everything is baslanced the same. It's hard to try to see the high side of things instead of the low side.
    But being aware of it is more than half the battle. For the same reason you posted this post, things will start getting brighter.