FreeKibble.com
Monday, July 17, 2006
An Accomplished Weekend
After this past weekend, I finally feel like Tom and I have made a little headway. I felt like a lion tamer with a whip and a chair trying to keep Tom and Ashley moving and doing things together. It wore us all out, but as Tom said "it feels like a milestone has been passed now". Yes it does.

We cleaned EVERYthing out of 3 bedrooms and the office, pulled carpet up in two rooms and put it out by the road. I have lots of boxes to go through this week, because we have finally run out of storage room in the two 'half a train cars' that they have parked in my front yard.

These things are similar to PODS, but are Steel with wooden insides and are much more protective than PODS. AND they are cheaper than PODS. Anyway they are huge (10 x 10 x 20) and we have filled both of them up.

I am meeting some of my workers this week. Today I have a glass man coming to repair two broken windows that have been broken since over a year ago. Friday a cabinet man is coming to see what he can do with the warped cabinets. Next week, the sheet rock hangers (my son and his partner) will be starting on the demolition and then hanging new sheet rock.

I feel like things are beginning to move now and that I am not as stagnated as I was. I was beginning to think I would have to live on concrete for the rest of my days and it was/is driving me crazy.

I have fought battle after battle over this thing now. Even today, I called Waste Management to come pick up the carpet and padding 'trash' that we pulled out of the house yesterday. Now they will pick up refrigerators, washing machines, any kind of furniture, and other types of junk, but the woman says to me "Oh we consider that remodeling debris and we don't pick that up!" I immediately felt a hissy fit coming on! If I could have reached through the phone, I think I would have rung that lady's neck.

So I called the Parish President who put me in touch with another man that works for the Parish and handles Wast Management problems (since they are always give us problems and WE PAY FOR THIS SERVICE!). He said he would call Waste Management himself and make arrangements for the carpet to be picked up. Thank you. One battle won, or at least turned over to someone else to fight for me.

With all the battles I am fighting and with all the battlers coming at me from every direction, I have started feeling like I could turn into the Incredible Hulk at any moment. Someone is going to attack me just one too many times, and I won't be responsible for what will happen.

I am off now to see the Glass man, have a great day you all!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 11:07 AM | Permalink |


6 comments:


  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Renee

    Good Lord! that's a lot to deal with. Sounds like you did make some headway though. Keep it going, Cindy-Lou!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Kelli

    Reminder to self: Dont make Cindy angry and run like the wind if she starts to turn green.

    You sound empowered and upbeat lady!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Hell hath no fury like a woman with carpet that needs to be picked up. Give 'em hell Cindy!

    And just think - 24 more days till the big day!!! Whoo-hoo!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You go girl! Keep the whip handy and you'll have your place back in shape in.............can you say 6 months..............hopefully sooner!

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Seems like everyone's packing up and/or moving!

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Deirdre

    Congrats on the progress.

    Progress is good.