FreeKibble.com
Monday, July 24, 2006
Repairs have begun!
I am excited and nervous today because the repairs at my house have begun as of today. The sheetrockers are there now and they are tearing out ceilings and walls and putting up new rock. I am excited because they are going to take that horrible popcorn off the ceiling and orange peel it instead. Yahoo, I hate that crap! They started in my bathroom and bedroom, so that hopefully when I get home, I will still be able to use that part of the house. If not, I am going to a hotel or to stay with my Mom. Tom can stay there with the chaos. I can't take much more of it.

We went to a flooring store the other day, because we had to change companies because of the contractor pulling out on us. We were very fortunate to get the exact same ceramic tile that we had chosen at the other store. I was excited to get that. But we did have to choose different carpet. This carpet is really nice, but a little more costly that we wanted to spend. But hey, I am hoping it's the last I will need to buy. I just want it all over with, everything moved back into it's place, and life to settle down again.

We have less than 3 weeks before I retire, so we will be just just be getting finished by then I think. I may have to wait until I retire to get the carpet layers and the ceramic installers out there. I am not sure about that. One thing at a time Cindy, One thing at a time.

B is coming this weekend to paint, and by then all the rooms that need new ceilings will have been finished, so she should be able to get in there and get after it! I sure hope so. She is really being kind to offer to paint for me. I hate painting and she loves doing it so there you have it. Someone else told me they love to paint too, but I can't remember who it is. I wish I could because I would ask them to come help too. I will give moral support, cold drinks, snacks, dinner and anything else they want. I JUST DON'T WANT TO PAINT! NO, NOT ME, NO WAY!

Well, I may have to eat my words on that issue. Mom said she will do the walls, if I do the trim. BUT I DON'T WANT TO PAINT AT ALLLLLLLLLL! WHAAAAAAAA!

There is really no new news about Susan. She is trying to do her therapy, but they won't let her stand on her legs for at least 6 more weeks. I will keep you posted on that.
 
posted by Cindy N. at 3:08 PM | Permalink |


0 comments: