FreeKibble.com
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Susan's home now
I don't remember if I told you all, but they sent my sister home yesterday. The insurance won't allow her to stay in the rehab hospital until the doctors will let her start standing on her feet and legs which is a no-no right now. It will be about 2 months more before the docs allow any standing. She has 24 hour care at home now, so she is more comfortable being at home I am sure. At least she can have the temperature of her house they way she wants it. Here are some pictures of her injuries:

This is her right hip and her left side and back/butt area. Her green legs and stitched knee:
Her left arm after they did her surgery to place pins and nuts and bolts to hold it together.
Right arm sprained and bruised.
Under her right breast where the seatbelt bruised her; and her left leg where the rods and pins where on the outside holding her leg together. They have since put that inside her leg.



I have more pictures, but now Blogger is being futsy and not letting me put any more here today. I will try some more tomorrow. She is a black and blue, purple and green mess! But at least she is home for now.

More later.

 
posted by Cindy N. at 3:46 PM | Permalink |


5 comments:


  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Renee

    That looks horrible!
    Glad to know she's doing better, but it's still hurts to look at her.
    I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger beki

    Oh my gosh, how horrible! I hurt just thinking about that.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    OMG! We knew it was bad but you never realize how bad intil you see the pictures. And to think that it was worse before you took the pictures, OMG! Your poor sister.

    Just being home though has to be such a huge improvement. There is nothing like being home.

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I have tears in my eyes as I'm writing this, brings back memories from my own car accident. My husband was also hurt very badly when stuck by a car, years ago, however, he lives everyday with the disability. My god, she is in bad shape.............however, time will heal most of it, but nothing will heal the memory of that horrible day. We are thinking of you, Susan, each day. Chin up, the road ahead will get easier each day.

    Karen & Ron (Canada)

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Kelli

    Those are some scary pictures! I feel so bad for her.