FreeKibble.com
Sunday, September 24, 2006
The Stork is coming to visit!

No, not to my house, but to my best friend's son's house. She called me this evening and was very upset about it. I personally would be so excited, I wouldn't be able to stay in my skin if my daughter or son was having a baby. Preferably my daughter, simply because she is more stable in her life than my son.

But my friend was very upset. Her son is 25, works for the Sheriff's department as a deputy and is VERY responsible. Granted he doesn't make much money, but hey! If everyone waited till they could 'afford' to have a family, no-one every would. You just make do. We have all done it.

Anyway, I tried to talk to my buddy to let her know she needed to support her son in his own joy and not bring him down, but she was so upset about it, that I don't think she really heard me. I don't know what to say to someone who is not absolutely overjoyed about having a grandchild. I have prayed and prayed that my daughter would have a child soon. She wants a family and so does her husband, but it just ain't happening!

I could understand her getting upset if this kid was 18 and got his girlfriend pregnant, but that is not the case. Granted they are not married, but they are both adults and have been together for quite a while. She has another child too and my friend's son is serving as a step-father to him and doing quite well at it. So what do I say? I have known this woman for 31 years and was there when SHE gave birth to her son and she was there when I gave birth to my son. We met just after my daughter was born. We have been so close for 31 years and yet we are as different as night and day. I just want her to enjoy this part of her life without closing the door on it before it gets opened good.

Ok, I think my best bet is just to love her like always and let her be upset until she decides to enjoy this time of her life. In the meantime, I will just listen to her rant and rave about it. :-)

Peace!
 
posted by Cindy N. at 1:34 AM | Permalink |


4 comments:


  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Thats great that her son is going to be a daddy. I bet when the baby comes she will be excited then and think differently.

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Kelli

    She will change her tune soon I bet. Pretty soon that baby will be the most important thing in her world and it wont matter their circumstances. She is just in shock. I hope that she doesnt say anything to her son that she will regret later though.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Maybe she doesn't want to be a "grandma". Is it an age thing? I have known people who did not want to realize/acknowledge they were old enough to be a grandparent........
    (things that make you go hmmmmm...)

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Random Musings

    UGG she sounds like my mom...
    I would just be the support system you are and leave your own feeling out of it. Although it may be hard to do (I WOULD BE SO BAD AT THAT) she'll come around